RT 3.3.11 Custom Field bug

I have a vanilla RT 3.3.11 install. When editing custom fields
in the ticket basics the defaults are not set correctly. Well,
they are not set at all. The only CF types I have tested
are FreeformSingle and SelectMultiple.

I did some debugging with /opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/EditCustomField

In this line:

$Default = ($Values->First ? $Values->First->Content : ‘’);

$Values->First is undefined even though $Values->Count returns ‘1’.

Is this a bug with SearchBuilder? My SB version is 1.12

-Todd

I have a vanilla RT 3.3.11 install. When editing custom fields
in the ticket basics the defaults are not set correctly. Well,
they are not set at all. The only CF types I have tested
are FreeformSingle and SelectMultiple.

Hm. Anyone else see this? It appears to be fine for me on rt3.fsck.com.
Todd, is your database logging any errors?

Well, I will have to check into that. Never looked at MySQL
errors.

So you know, I moved /opt/rt3 out of the way, did a ‘make upgrade’,
and then ran the scripts for the schema changes.

Er. wait. I thought you said it was a vanilla 3.3.11 install. That’s
very different than an upgrade from 3.0.x. I definitely want to see your
syslog, http error log and databaase logs.

Jesse

Well, I will have to check into that. Never looked at MySQL
errors.

So you know, I moved /opt/rt3 out of the way, did a ‘make upgrade’,
and then ran the scripts for the schema changes.

more tomorrow…

-ToddOn Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 04:29:27PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Todd Chapman wrote:

I have a vanilla RT 3.3.11 install. When editing custom fields
in the ticket basics the defaults are not set correctly. Well,
they are not set at all. The only CF types I have tested
are FreeformSingle and SelectMultiple.

Hm. Anyone else see this? It appears to be fine for me on rt3.fsck.com.
Todd, is your database logging any errors?

I did some debugging with /opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/EditCustomField

In this line:

$Default = ($Values->First ? $Values->First->Content : ‘’);

$Values->First is undefined even though $Values->Count returns ‘1’.

Is this a bug with SearchBuilder? My SB version is 1.12

-Todd


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com
http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

By vanilla I meant no RT customizations.

When I click on ‘Basics’ the RT error log shows one
of these:

Nov 17 09:40:26 slah001 RT: Queue->CustomFields is deprecated, use Queue->TicketCustomFields instead at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Queue_Overlay.pm line 507. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:275)

and a lot of these:

Nov 17 09:40:26 slah001 RT: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column ‘main.Current’ in ‘field list’ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 481. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:275)

Nov 17 09:40:26 slah001 RT: RT::Handle=HASH(0x909a8e8) couldn’t execute the query ‘SELECT main.id AS id, main.CustomField AS customfield, main.ObjectType AS objecttype, main.ObjectId AS objectid, main.Current AS current, main.Content AS content, main.ContentType AS contenttype, main.ContentEncoding AS contentencoding FROM ObjectCustomFieldValues main WHERE ((main.CustomField = ‘1’)) AND ((main.Disabled = ‘0’)) AND ((main.ObjectId = ‘517’)) AND ((main.ObjectType = ‘RT::Ticket’)) ORDER BY main.id ASC’ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 495. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:275)

Nothing interesting in the Apache error log.

Nothing in the mysqld.log.

-ToddOn Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 04:35:30PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:51:45PM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:

Well, I will have to check into that. Never looked at MySQL
errors.

So you know, I moved /opt/rt3 out of the way, did a ‘make upgrade’,
and then ran the scripts for the schema changes.

Er. wait. I thought you said it was a vanilla 3.3.11 install. That’s
very different than an upgrade from 3.0.x. I definitely want to see your
syslog, http error log and databaase logs.

Jesse

more tomorrow…

-Todd

Nov 17 09:40:26 slah001 RT: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column ‘main.Current’ in ‘field list’ at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 481. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:275)

Ok. That’s someting that’s been fixed in -HEAD. I expect to roll 3.3.12
later today. Sorry about that.

-j

Clear out the mason data and session cache. I had this problem on one of my upgrades.