first of all sorry for the cross post to both rt-lists. Wasn’t sure which
one is the appropriate one.
I know the docs mention Unicode and perl 5.6.1 aren’t going together well.
Anyway, I almost have everything working. Emails sent to RT are properly
encoded. Tickets created using Unicode (thai and german mixed for example)
display well in the web-interface.
My only problem is, emails sent from RT aren’t encoded properly.
For instance I have Set($EmailOutputEncoding , ‘iso-8859-1’); and when I
email a ticket which contains umlauts (öäü), they seem to be encoded in
utf-8 but get sent with an iso-8859-1 header (as instructed by
$EmailOutputEncoding). When I switch my Email-Client’s Charset to utf-8,
that message displays umlauts correctly.
Given the above, I modified SendEmail.pm to constantly add a charset="utf-8"
header - no matter what EmailOutputEncoding is set to. This is rather dirty,
but fixed displaying emails correctly which contain umlauts and are sent
from RT. However, as soon as had RT send an email which contained some THAI
unicode chars, this of course didn’t work. Neither the Thai characters nor
the umlauts (which were in the same message) got displayed correctly in my
So my question is:
Is there any chance of getting the Email-Encoding right while using Perl
I have tons of modules installed and wouldn’t like to upgrade Perl to 5.8 if
I can avoid it somehow.
DO NOT GIVE OUR ADDRESS TO THIRD PARTIES, WE HATE JUNK-MAIL
Stefan Seiz | Fon +49 (0)700 STEFSEIZ
| Fax +49 (0)7161 918699
Marstallstr. 32/1 | Mobile +49 (0)172 / 7103366
D-73033 Göppingen |
Germany | Spamto: email@example.com