RT 1.7 webpage problem

I have added the following to the httpd.conf file

Alias /webrt/ "/usr/local/rt/lib/images/"
ScriptAlias /rt/ “/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi/”

from this you can see I have installed rt to /usr/local/
and this is all that the doc’s I have mention need changing.
but with this the webpages are not being displayed instead I am getting an internal server error returned(error 500 Internal Server Error) even though when the actual scripts are run manually they do return the correct webpage (which I can cut and paste into a html file and it is the webRT page)

any ideas or clues would be appreciated.

btw. apache is returning all other webpages correctly. Apache doesn’t write anything to the error log, but does write that it was error 500 to the access log

System Details:

RedHat 7.1
Apache 1.3.20
mysql 3.23.39
RT 1.7

Matthew Frick.

Hi there Matthew,
I am also having the same problems as you are, and I am running the same software…if anybody can help you would be knocking off 2 birds with one stone.

Thanks in advance!
David----- Original Message -----
To: rt-users@lists.fsck.com
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 8:44 PM
Subject: [rt-users] RT 1.7 webpage problem

I have added the following to the httpd.conf file

Alias /webrt/ “/usr/local/rt/lib/images/”
ScriptAlias /rt/ “/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi/”

from this you can see I have installed rt to /usr/local/
and this is all that the doc’s I have mention need changing.
but with this the webpages are not being displayed instead I am getting an internal server error returned(error 500 Internal Server Error) even though when the actual scripts are run manually they do return the correct webpage (which I can cut and paste into a html file and it is the webRT page)

any ideas or clues would be appreciated.

btw. apache is returning all other webpages correctly. Apache doesn’t write anything to the error log, but does write that it was error 500 to the access log

System Details:

RedHat 7.1
Apache 1.3.20
mysql 3.23.39
RT 1.7

Matthew Frick.