Root account dashboard

After upgrading to rt5 I no longer have the menus (such as the Admin menu) for my root account. After login, root has only “New Ticket”, “Tickets” and “Assets” menu. The preview tab for Tickets is Open tickets.
What might be wrong? I don’t see any missing module in rt.log.
Which table has the distinction between root and privileged or simple user i.e. how to make root (e.g. modifying the db) have the correct (admin)-dashboard?

Thank you

Try a hard browser refresh ( ctr+shift+R ) I have seen the cached styling from RT4 sometimes conflicting with the new RT5 CSS

Thank you, I tried by still have the attached view

That user looks to be unprivileged and accessing the self service interface. Do you see self service in the URL?

Seems someone removed the rights from your root user

How to get the rights back, i.e in which table should I look for the rights? I can’t find any related one

You can try a Perl one liner like this:

perl -I/opt/rt5/lib -MRT -MRT::User -e'RT::LoadConfig(); RT::Init(); my $u = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser); $u->Load("root"); $u->PrincipalObj->GrantRight( Right => "SuperUser", Object => RT->System)';
1 Like

I seem to have a very similar problem.

The suggested one liner returns:

[critical]: No ACL equiv group for princ 12 (/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/RT/ACE.pm:597)

Any suggestions?

Looking deeper I find that the user root does have a “ACLEquivalence” group in the db…

But I am very hesitant to make any changes directly in the db.

root@localhost [rt5]> select id,Name from users where id = 12;
±—±-----+
| id | Name |
±—±-----+
| 12 | root |
±—±-----+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

root@localhost [rt5]> update groups set Type = ‘User’ where id = 13;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.16 sec)
Rows matched: 1 Changed: 1 Warnings: 0

root@localhost [rt5]> select * from groups where id = 13;
±—±--------±-----------------------±---------------±-----±---------±--------±--------±--------------±------------+
| id | Name | Description | Domain | Type | Instance | Creator | Created | LastUpdatedBy | LastUpdated |
±—±--------±-----------------------±---------------±-----±---------±--------±--------±--------------±------------+
| 13 | User 12 | ACL equiv. for user 12 | ACLEquivalence | User | 12 | 0 | NULL | 0 | NULL |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards.

Which version of RT are you on? Have you ran any upgrades in the past, maybe a step failed?

We pulled the data out of a 4.0.18 database and pushed it to 5.0.1.

As far as I know, all the instructions were followed as are found here.

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/5.0.1/UPGRADING-4.2.html#UPGRADING-FROM-RT-4.0.0-and-greater