Redirection to localhost

hello , i recently installed RT4.4.4 on my debian tesla . i did it all with remote ssh , and i acticated the site by using this command : ```
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server

i enter the server address in my chrome navigator on windows and everything works , BUT when i click on any link in the site it redirects me  to localhost , and tells me this : 

Ce site est inaccessible
 localhost n'autorise pas la connexion.
Effectuez une recherche Google sur localhost Admin Users Modify.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

In your /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm file what do you have ‘WebDomain’ set to?:

Set($WebDomain, 'mydomain');

yeah i didn’t put that option , here’S the solution i found

Set( $rtname, ‘example.com’);
Set( $DatabasePassword, ‘rtpass’);
Set( $WebDomain , ‘X.X.X.X’);
Set( @ReferrerWhitelist,qw(localhost:80 , 127.0.0.1:80));

it works . is that correct ??

So long as ‘X.X.X.X’ is correct then it should solve the problem you were seeing

yep still one more thing if you have time ! how to configure the mail stuff ?

There are a few ways to set-up email, I can point you in the right direction but before that, is this for a production environment? I noticed you said you were using sbin/rt-server to run your web server, this is okay but it would be better to use Apache as the web server:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.4/web_deployment.html#___top

actually it is for a production use , but for now i want to test everything first

Okay, for email if you are not able to pipe email straight to rt-mailgate then you can use something like Fetchmail or Getmail to poll emails from inboxes for incoming email.

For outgoing email, the most common approach is to use Postfix aliases or use Postfix as an SMTP send-only server.

You can see item 10 here from some more information:
README - RT 4.4.4 Documentation - Best Practical

i used ‘sendmail’ , i paste these 2 lines in /etc/aliases :

rt: "|/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http:// rt. example .com
rt-comment: “|/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http:/ /rt. example .com/”

okay , now i tested sendmail application by this command :

#sendmail belhajwahbi@gmail .com < /tmp/email.txt

i got this Error in /var/mail/root

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<belhajwahbi@ gmail .com>
(reason: 550-5.7.1 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
… while talking to gmail-smtp-in.l.google. com.:

DATA
<<< 550-5.7.1 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass
<<< 550-5.7.1 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the
<<< 550-5.7.1 message has been blocked. Please visit
<<< 550-5.7.1 https:// support. google. com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more
<<< 550 5.7.1 information. k49si8462924ede.209 - gsmtp
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

am i missing something ?

NOTE : i don’t have a domain name , is that related ??

thank you for your time

You’re using Gmail as your webserver? If so there’s a blog post here:

hello again , how are ?

i created a web domain yeterday , www.phindaccess-rt.com , so now i need configure the mail for RT , so i installed post fix , now i wanna know how to configure it to both send and recieve mail with it . !!!

Are you running your own mail server or using something like Gmail?

i really can’t ansewr that question because i’m a beginner with RT , should i use my own mail server ??
i really want someone to talk to about those little details . so if you have some i will appreciate it , i’m in first week at work .

Do you have an existing systems or mail administrator at your site? If so, you’ll probably need to talk to them as mail set ups vary widely from site to site. If you don’t have an existing systems/email administrator, you’re probably going to have to work on setting that up before you start to tackle RT. As you’re in your first week at work, you’ll probably still need to talk to someone at your company to find out how your existing email set up is handled. For example, you might already have your own mail server, or being using one at your Internet Service Provider, or being using a third party hosted service such as G-Suite or Office365.

If you are being dropped in at the deep end for making a production RT service, then you might want to get your local management to consider looking at Best Practical’s hosted RT offerings. At least that way you’ll know RT is set up correctly, and can have some paid support in place (beyond this forum!).