Receving winmail.dat

When I send a mail with their queue mail id from outlook, it automatically create a ticket in RT in that queue.

Issue is when i attach any file , it receives winmail.dat in RT

That is a outlook file type, I believe if you look online there are ways to tell outlook not to send that file type

we received winmail.dat for only one queue. For all other queues original attachments are coming as expected.

Please provide the solution for this issue

What happens if you send the same email that is creating this ticket with the attachment to the other queues?

It creates a ticket in RT with their attachment that the file was attached in mail

But for only one queue, it attached winmail.dat, when we attached any attachment send from RT

Since outlook is the one generating the attachment not RT I would expect RT to have no say in what kind of attachments come into RT from email. Do you have a test email that generates this attachment? A quick search online looks like a winmail.dat is sent when you use some features of the Rich text editor:

The winmail.dat attachment is added to Outlook when you send an email using the Rich Text format that has text enhancements such as bolding, italics, font sizes or any other features that are available with Rich Text format.

Can we have anything to do in RT to receive mail in RT and parse the header to disable RTF and convert the winmail.dat to their original attachments.

Is the mail routing for this queue, different from the rest?

we use /etc/aliases file to receive mail and create a ticket in RT

Configurations in etc/aliases is like

kn-amer-ticket.test2: “| /ds1/app/RT/RT4/bin/knus-rt-mailgate --queue KN.AMER.Production.OpenSystems --action correspond --url http://rt/

Mail Routing is same for all the queues