Queue Watchers

I’m running RT 3.8.7 and I’ve read about User Rights, Group Rights, Queue Rights, etc and cannot figure out how to allow a group of users (They belong to a group called IT) to be able to administer a queue and change watchers. I have granted the group all the queue rights allowed but cannot figure out how to get to the group to administer them. Seems the “root” login in the only user that can get to the queues. The other users don’t have the menu links on the left.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Brandon Patton, BS
Systems Administrator
ASPIRE Indiana
brandon.patton@ASPIREIndiana.org
765-641-8283

Thank you! I knew there had to be something in there somewhere just so many places with rights to look.From: Raed El-Hames [mailto:Raed.El-Hames@vialtus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 11:34 AM
To: Patton, Brandon; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: RE: Queue Watchers

Start by giving the group IT the ShowConfigTab right, you can do that from Configuration → Global->Group Rights

Roy

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Patton, Brandon
Sent: 06 July 2010 16:24
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Queue Watchers

I’m running RT 3.8.7 and I’ve read about User Rights, Group Rights, Queue Rights, etc and cannot figure out how to allow a group of users (They belong to a group called IT) to be able to administer a queue and change watchers. I have granted the group all the queue rights allowed but cannot figure out how to get to the group to administer them. Seems the “root” login in the only user that can get to the queues. The other users don’t have the menu links on the left.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Brandon Patton, BS
Systems Administrator
ASPIRE Indiana
brandon.patton@ASPIREIndiana.org
765-641-8283