Queue change still triggers old queue's scrips

Hi List,

I hope you can help me on this topic since the online documentation won’t me bring any further.

So in order to deal with our spam I’ve done the following:

1. added a new spam queue
  2. created a new global scrip (according to the spamfilter 1b solution provided here:
    SpamFiltering - Request Tracker Wiki)
  3. set the order of the scrips so that this new scrip is executed first
  4. overwritten all global templates with empty ones in the spam queue (so that in any case a global scrip still triggers
    here now mail is actually send out)

What happens is that the spam scrip successfully re-queues all spam to the spam queue but after that still an email is
sent to all of our AdminCC’s according to a global scrip which enforces this: The scrip order is the following

24     0 On Creat Check Spamassasin score and move to SPAM queue when exceeding threshold     User Defined 

User Defined Blank Enabled

8 On Create Notify Owner and AdminCcs On Create Notify Owner and AdminCcs Transaction in HTML
Enabled
9 On Create Notify Ccs On Create Notify Ccs Correspondence in HTML Enabled
10 On Create Notify Other Recipients On Create Notify Other Recipients Correspondence in HTML
Enabled

I don’t quite understand this. I thought that the scrips are executed in the order I define. But it seems like all
scrips that meet the condition on the Transaction type (in this case “Create”) are marked for execution and then
processed in the given order. This would mean that there are only two ways I can prevent further scrips from
triggering/doing their job after the detection of spam by a) either modifying all global scrips or b) achieve that after
the queue change the ticket/transaction itself if invalid somehow (so that consecutive scrips won’t be able to do
anything meaningful anymore).

As I don’t want to alter our global scrips (they are global and and easy for some reason) I would like to know how I can
achieve solution b? It should be able that after the queue change to the SPAM queue any “on create” triggering scrip
“fails” - but I don’t know how.

Many thanks in advance,

• Sebastian

Hi List,

ok, I came finally up with the solution myself and just want to share this.

The problem was the scrip execution order together with the wrong or misleading solution provided here:

SpamFiltering - Request Tracker Wiki (1b)

The queue change needs to be done already in the action preparation code (and not in the commit code). This is because
all other scrips which meet the transaction condition (in this case “Crate”) will be executed no matter what if their
preparation code returns a true. For all those auto-notifications on new tickets this is always the case. So when their
preparation code is executed the queue must have been changed already, so that their assemblage of all email recipients
are based on the new SPAM queue (which has no watchers). Even if so, overwriting all global templates in the SPAM queue
with empty local ones would result in empty emails (and this is based again on the queue, so the queue needs to be
changed already).

Here is my solution for everyone interested. The commit action is in essence this one:
SpamScore2Priority - Request Tracker Wiki but I found it more convenient to do this all in one scrip.

On Create Check spamassassin score and move to SPAM queue when exceeding threshold

custom condition:

return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq “Create”;
return 0 if $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name eq “SPAM”;
return 1;

Custom action preparation code:

Match ***** level spam. You might want to set this higher/lower if needed

my $match = ‘*****’;
my $inMessage = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
return 0 if (!$inMessage); # if no message attachment - assume web UI
return 0 if (!$inMessage->GetHeader(‘Received’)); # exit if not email message

my $spamLevel = $inMessage->GetHeader(‘X-Spam-Level’);
my $spam = ( $spamLevel !~ /$match/i ) ? 0 : 1;

my $stat = undef;
if ($spam) {

# set owner to nobody
$self->TicketObj->SetOwner( $RT::Nobody->id );

# In any case remove any watchers to this ticket, just to be sure
$self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Requestor');
$self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Cc');
$self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'AdminCC');
$self->TicketObj->DeleteWatcher( Type => 'Owner');

my $newqueue = 'SPAM';

my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetQueue($newqueue);
$stat = $status ? 1 : 0;

# set ticket to stalled
$self->TicketObj->SetStatus( "stalled" );
$self->TransactionObj->SetType("Create");

}

return $stat;

Custom action commit code:

#convert the spam score to negative priority
my $score = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader(‘X-Spam-Score’);
unless( $score ){
my $t = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader(‘X-Spam-Status’);
$t =~ /score=(-?\d+(|:.\d+)?)/ && ($score = $1);
}
$self->TicketObj->SetPriority( -int($score) ) if $score;

return 1;

• SebastianOn 01/13/2017 03:34 PM, Sebastian Juenemann wrote:

Hi List,

I hope you can help me on this topic since the online documentation won’t me bring any further.

So in order to deal with our spam I’ve done the following:

1. added a new spam queue
  2. created a new global scrip (according to the spamfilter 1b solution provided here:
    SpamFiltering - Request Tracker Wiki)
  3. set the order of the scrips so that this new scrip is executed first
  4. overwritten all global templates with empty ones in the spam queue (so that in any case a global scrip still triggers
    here now mail is actually send out)

What happens is that the spam scrip successfully re-queues all spam to the spam queue but after that still an email is
sent to all of our AdminCC’s according to a global scrip which enforces this: The scrip order is the following

24     0 On Creat Check Spamassasin score and move to SPAM queue when exceeding threshold     User Defined User

Defined Blank Enabled

8 On Create Notify Owner and AdminCcs On Create Notify Owner and AdminCcs Transaction in HTML Enabled
9 On Create Notify Ccs On Create Notify Ccs Correspondence in HTML Enabled
10 On Create Notify Other Recipients On Create Notify Other Recipients Correspondence in HTML Enabled

I don’t quite understand this. I thought that the scrips are executed in the order I define. But it seems like all
scrips that meet the condition on the Transaction type (in this case “Create”) are marked for execution and then
processed in the given order. This would mean that there are only two ways I can prevent further scrips from
triggering/doing their job after the detection of spam by a) either modifying all global scrips or b) achieve that after
the queue change the ticket/transaction itself if invalid somehow (so that consecutive scrips won’t be able to do
anything meaningful anymore).

As I don’t want to alter our global scrips (they are global and and easy for some reason) I would like to know how I can
achieve solution b? It should be able that after the queue change to the SPAM queue any “on create” triggering scrip
“fails” - but I don’t know how.

Many thanks in advance,

• Sebastian

Sebastian Jünemann
CeBiTec - Center for Biotechnology
Bielefeld University, D-33594 Bielefeld, Germany
Office: V6-147 – Phone: +49-(0)521-106-4827
eMail: jueneman@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.de