Question on RT incoming mail

Hi All,

I am having a bit of problem with RT mail. I have a listserv that sends mail to RT where the original sender e-mail address is hidden and RT gets the following:

From: “list-internal-request@department-lists.abc.com via RT” list-request@abc.com (/opt/RT/4.4.2/sbin/…/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:707)

From the above RT can’t find out who actually sent the mail. So, it creates a ticket with list-internal-request@department-lists.abc.com , as a requestor.

Is there a way in RT that I can setup mail-gate so it will find the actual sender? E-mail clients, such as , outlook, thunderbird, gmail show who actually sent the message.

If you have any ideas, please share, I am stuck with this problem and not sure how to resolve it.
thanks.

Hey,

It might be possible to have the email passed through procmail which could pull out the senders email email and then pass that in using the extension field for rt-mailgate (see the rt-mailgate man page). Within RT, you could then use the X-RT-Mail-Extension to pull out the original sender.

Hi Andrew, Thanks! I will try that out.

Have you checked if the list has a single email option rather than a collected daily list?

/jeff