Question About Validate Custom Field

Dear People:

I want to vallidate two custom fields, my first
question is it possible?

If it’s possible can you give me an example for to
do it?

Thanks in Advance,
Pablo

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

At 06:23 PM 8/4/2004, Pablo Silva wrote:

I want to vallidate two custom fields, my first
question is it possible?

By validate do you mean check that a value has been entered or conforms to
specified pattern? Most people do that through custom JavaScript.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid”

Hi Michel!

Thank’s for your answer, I have a question about
this.

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom fields,
for date entry, we want when an user make a click in
these fields, open a pop up windows, for to select a
date.

Do you an example for this?, where I can find
documentation for to work with templates in RT?

Thank’s in advance

Pablo
— “Michael S. Liebman” m-liebman@northwestern.edu
wrote:

At 06:23 PM 8/4/2004, Pablo Silva wrote:

I want to vallidate two custom fields, my first
question is it possible?

By validate do you mean check that a value has been
entered or conforms to
specified pattern? Most people do that through
custom JavaScript.

Michael


Michael S. Liebman
m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears
bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the
Sundance Kid”

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom fields,
for date entry, we want when an user make a click in
these fields, open a pop up windows, for to select a
date.

Do you an example for this?

I haven’t seen any examples around.

where I can find
documentation for to work with templates in RT?

This isn’t a template, it would be a customized Mason component. Have
a look at the HTML::Mason documentation at http://www.masonhq.com/.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid”

Hi Michel!

Thank’s for your answer, I have a question about
this.

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom fields,
for date entry, we want when an user make a click in
these fields, open a pop up windows, for to select a
date.

Hello Pablo,

Does I understand you right, that you want select a value from a
cusomfield-selectbox and work with the value which the user selected??

I don´t know if you want to fill the customfield dynamically (or for what do
you need a pop up window?) or if your problem is more to show new data to the
selected value.

I made some of such things. Maybe I can help you.

Greetings,
Tina

Michel,

 Other question, if I want that an user can see

the custom fields, is mandatory to check the option
"Let this user be granted rights" ? or is necesary add
other “user privileges”?

-Pablo

— “Michael S. Liebman” m-liebman@northwestern.edu
wrote:> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:25:54AM -0700, Pablo Silva wrote:

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom
fields,
for date entry, we want when an user make a click
in
these fields, open a pop up windows, for to
select a
date.

Do you an example for this?

I haven’t seen any examples around.

where I can find
documentation for to work with templates in RT?

This isn’t a template, it would be a customized
Mason component. Have
a look at the HTML::Mason documentation at
http://www.masonhq.com/.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman
m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears
bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the
Sundance Kid”

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Hi Tina!

Thanks for your comments, my problem is:

I have 2 custom fields, where I must to input dates
and hours, the formats are:

custom field 1 : dd-mm-yyyy
custom field 2 : hh:mm

where dd (day), mm (month), yyyy (year), hh (hour), mm
(minutes).

Searching the source code, I finded one file, where I
may insert javascript code, for example if you see the
file
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomField

line number: 30 and insert a javascript code for
example a popup window with a message “Hola”

if ($CustomField->Type eq ‘FreeformSingle’) {
29 <input
name="<%$NamePrefix%><%$CustomField->Id%>-Value"
30 size="<%$Cols%>"
OnClick=“javascript:alert(‘Hola’);”

It’s works, but it’s very hard to implement, with the
templates exists other form for to do the same?

I feel as Hamblet… to do or not to do … :wink:

Thanks in advance!
Pablo

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 16:25 schrieb Pablo
Silva:

Hi Michel!

Thank’s for your answer, I have a question about
this.

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom
fields,
for date entry, we want when an user make a click
in
these fields, open a pop up windows, for to
select a
date.

Hello Pablo,

Does I understand you right, that you want select a
value from a
cusomfield-selectbox and work with the value which
the user selected??

I don�t know if you want to fill the customfield
dynamically (or for what do
you need a pop up window?) or if your problem is
more to show new data to the
selected value.

I made some of such things. Maybe I can help you.

Greetings,
Tina

Do you an example for this?, where I can find
documentation for to work with templates in RT?

Thank’s in advance

Pablo
— "Michael S. Liebman"
m-liebman@northwestern.edu

wrote:

At 06:23 PM 8/4/2004, Pablo Silva wrote:

I want to vallidate two custom fields, my
first

question is it possible?

By validate do you mean check that a value has
been

entered or conforms to
specified pattern? Most people do that through
custom JavaScript.

Michael


Michael S. Liebman
m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears
bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the
Sundance Kid”


Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com

http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

 Other question, if I want that an user can see

the custom fields, is mandatory to check the option
"Let this user be granted rights" ? or is necesary add
other “user privileges”?

Right now, core RT only supports custom fields for privileged users,
not the Self Service interface.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid”

Michael S. Liebman wrote:

Other question, if I want that an user can see

the custom fields, is mandatory to check the option
"Let this user be granted rights" ? or is necesary add
other “user privileges”?

Right now, core RT only supports custom fields for privileged users,
not the Self Service interface.
There were patch on list that adds this functionality to SelfService.

Hi Ruslan!

Where I can find it?

-Pablo— “Ruslan U. Zakirov” cubic@acronis.ru wrote:

Michael S. Liebman wrote:

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:50:23AM -0700, Pablo Silva wrote:

Other question, if I want that an user can

see

the custom fields, is mandatory to check the
option

“Let this user be granted rights” ? or is necesary
add

other “user privileges”?

Right now, core RT only supports custom fields for
privileged users,
not the Self Service interface.
There were patch on list that adds this
functionality to SelfService.

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Hi Pablo,

Sorry, but I don´t understand for what you need the pop up window.

If the user have to put a date and a time in the two customfields by creating
a ticket, so you need only to create the two customfields as free form
single. You can get the input-strings in init-block of Display.html from
parameter ARGS{customfield_id_value} (see for $NamePrefix in
EditCustomFields). Then you can translate in init-block the string in a valid
date-format or what ever.

I you want that the user can get the date from a customfield, but the date is
not a fix value, than you can create also a customfield with free form single
and set the value to the customfield in the init-block of EditCustomField.
You have to set your date-value only to $Default. Naturally you have to check
which customfieldname it is, that you can set the default value.
If you have more values to set, create a customfield select single/multiple.
Check the customfieldname and use the Funktion Customfield->AddValue. Firstly
you have to check if there are values, if yes so delete them with
CustomField->DeleteValue(valueid).

If you need I can send you some code, but maybe it is to specifically. I hope
I could help you. Ask me if you have questions.

Best regards,
TinaAm Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 18:19 schrieb Pablo Silva:

Hi Tina!

Thanks for your comments, my problem is:

I have 2 custom fields, where I must to input dates
and hours, the formats are:

custom field 1 : dd-mm-yyyy
custom field 2 : hh:mm

where dd (day), mm (month), yyyy (year), hh (hour), mm
(minutes).

Searching the source code, I finded one file, where I
may insert javascript code, for example if you see the
file
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomField

line number: 30 and insert a javascript code for
example a popup window with a message “Hola”

if ($CustomField->Type eq ‘FreeformSingle’) {
29 <input
name="<%$NamePrefix%><%$CustomField->Id%>-Value"
30 size="<%$Cols%>"
OnClick=“javascript:alert(‘Hola’);”

It’s works, but it’s very hard to implement, with the
templates exists other form for to do the same?

I feel as Hamblet… to do or not to do … :wink:

Thanks in advance!
Pablo

— Tina Schade Tina.Schade@gmx.de wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 16:25 schrieb Pablo

Silva:

Hi Michel!

Thank’s for your answer, I have a question about
this.

In my work, we need a template with 2 custom

fields,

for date entry, we want when an user make a click

in

these fields, open a pop up windows, for to

select a

date.

Hello Pablo,

Does I understand you right, that you want select a
value from a
cusomfield-selectbox and work with the value which
the user selected??

I don´t know if you want to fill the customfield
dynamically (or for what do
you need a pop up window?) or if your problem is
more to show new data to the
selected value.

I made some of such things. Maybe I can help you.

Greetings,
Tina

Do you an example for this?, where I can find
documentation for to work with templates in RT?

Thank’s in advance

Pablo
— “Michael S. Liebman”

m-liebman@northwestern.edu

wrote:

At 06:23 PM 8/4/2004, Pablo Silva wrote:

I want to vallidate two custom fields, my

first

question is it possible?

By validate do you mean check that a value has

been

entered or conforms to
specified pattern? Most people do that through
custom JavaScript.

Michael


Michael S. Liebman
m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears
bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the
Sundance Kid”


Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com

http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Pablo Silva wrote:

Hi Ruslan!

Where I can find it?
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/24394?do=post_view_threaded
and there is link on another patch.

Ruslan,

Mmmmm I’ve tryed to access this URL
http://ww2.nvps.net/~karl/SelfService.tar.gz but
nothing…

The patch dosen’t exist there, any hint?

-Pablo

Pablo Silva wrote:

Hi Ruslan!

Where I can find it?

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/24394?do=post_view_threaded

and there is link on another patch.

-Pablo

Michael S. Liebman wrote:

Other question, if I want that an user can

see

the custom fields, is mandatory to check the

option

“Let this user be granted rights” ? or is
necesary

add

other “user privileges”?

Right now, core RT only supports custom fields
for

privileged users,

not the Self Service interface.

There were patch on list that adds this
functionality to SelfService.

Michael


Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail