I’m just itching to toss in some assistance, since I have just installed
2.0.11 on a RH72 system with much help from this list.
I can say that your error is unique and that you should not be getting that
error if you have normal hardware and a normal install process. My 'normal’
install process is:
- Install RH7.2 as Server with NO addons (not even web)
- DL latest source tarballs of Apache and Mod_Perl to your tmp dir
- Extract both and then compile Mod_Perl using the apache source (RTFM)
- Compile Apache after your done
- Install mysql and test it
- Make sure both are setup in your /etc/rc.d/init.d so they are loading
- Extract rt and then edit the makefile
- Make your users/groups that are specified in the Makefile/Apache config
- Run fixdeps
- When asked make sure you do manual config and give it lots of mirror sites
- If CPAN tries to update Perl just break out with a ctl-c, it’s not required
- If some modules don’t install try a manual CPAN command
(under RH72 I had to perl -MCPAN -e ‘install Apache::DBI’)
- Once everything is happy you should be able to install RT and get on to the
hard part of the install… >:)
I’m so evil… Muahaha…On January 29, 2002 08:28 am, you wrote:
I am trying to install RT 2.0.11 on a redhat 7.2 system. But I cant get
past the make test of mod_perl.
Everything is ok until make test gets to modules/httpdconf… it just
sits there doing nothing.
downloaded mod_perl is 1.26
downloaded apache is 1.3.23
All help welcome
Regards from Olav!
rt-users mailing list