Problem executing rt-shredder

Guys I came to the need of using rt-shredder but after executing this from the command line I am getting the following complication error
As you can see I am using rt version 4.2.10.
Any thoughts?

[22977] [Thu Nov 14 07:24:21 2019] [critical]: Can’t locate Pod/Select.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/local/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/local/plugins/RT-Extension-SLA/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/local/plugins/RT-Extension-SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10.cpan/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/rt/rt-4.2.10.cpan/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm line 53.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm line 53.
Compilation failed in require at ./rt-shredder line 205. (/home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib/RT.pm:388)
Can’t locate Pod/Select.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/local/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/local/plugins/RT-Extension-SLA/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/local/plugins/RT-Extension-SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib /home/rt/rt-4.2.10.cpan/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /home/rt/rt-4.2.10.cpan/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm line 53.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /home/rt/rt-4.2.10/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm line 53.
Compilation failed in require at ./rt-shredder line 205.

Looks like you’re missing a Perl module. If its just this one that’s causing the problems you could install it from either your operating system distribution (if it has it) or straight from CPAN by executing (as root):

cpanm Pod::Select

at the command line.

@GreenJimll

Thanks for your reply.
But can you be more detailed since I have no clue about perl.

Umm… well there’s not really much more to it. Have you tried that command?

I have tried to a different machine than rt to see
The cpanm Pod::Select dos not work.
The cpan Pod::Select installs ok.

If I do that on rt do I need to stop the application or not? Can this break something?

Its installing the missing module, so it should fix your broken issue. Assuming you don’t have any other modules missing of course. But one step at a time.

Do I need to stop rt during the module installation?

No. Just install the module and then try to use the shredder for whatever you were doing originally.

Thanks, everything works just fine now.

1 Like