Problem During RT 5.0.0 Install on CentOS 7: Undefined Subroutine

Hi All,

Fresh install of CentOS 7
Fresh install of RT 5.0.0
Postgres DB

New to installing RT.

All dependencies found. make install was successful.

I want to try configuring via the web interface. When running /opt/rt5/sbin/rt-server it fails to authenticate “rt_user” but I understand that is normal when going this route.

Normally the server should be running at this point and I should be able to go to the web interface to start the configuration.

Instead of this being successful I am getting a critical error.
[critical]: Undefined subroutine &RT::REST2::PSGIWrap called at /opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 311.

Has anyone run into this before? I’m not sure how to fix. Google has yielded little results and no help.

Let me know if any other info would be helpful.

Do you have the REST2 plugin line per chance in your config?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply knation.

Which config file does that need to be declared in? RT_SiteConfig.pm ?

I was just taking a guess that the extension might have been enabled but now I don’t believe that is the issue. It might be worth running the make initdb command from the CLI interface if the web install seems to be not working but the RT install appears to be successful

@knation you were right. I needed to add Plugin("RT::REST2"); to /opt/rt5/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm. Once I did that, rt-server started with no issues and I was able to finish the configuration via the web interface.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Wait no thats not a real extension, I’d suggest removing that plugin line!

Okay. Im at a loss then. I was able to configure and that was the only thing that I changed.

It’s a bit late but I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues during your RT 5.0.0 install on CentOS 7. Based on the error message you’re seeing, it looks like there may be an issue with the subroutine being called.

Afaik, the plugin needs to be installed manually only for RT 4.x series and the Plugins configuration should contain

RT::Extension::REST2

When using RT 5.x, which is your case, it is already included in the main distribution of RT, so you should not need to do anything. Verify you have

$RTINSTALLDIR/lib/RT/REST2.pm

If at all possible, I’d jump over RT 5.0.0 and go straight to RT 5.0.3, since even RT 5.0.1 had a syntax error in one of its modules.