Problem adding RT-Extension-RepeatTicket

Hi

Trying to add RT::Extension::RepeatTicket to a fresh 4.4.4 install.
When I get to make initdb, it returns:

Now inserting data.
[52969] [Thu Apr 11 17:08:47 2019] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Queue.pm line 283. (/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Queue.pm:283)
[52969] [Thu Apr 11 17:08:47 2019] [error]: Queue already exists (/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm:1080)
Done inserting data.
Done.

Which is a bit gnomic and certainly beyond me.
What am I missing on this install?

Thanks

Eric

That is an unexpected error since the initial data for that extension does not create a new queue. Can you confirm that the etc/initialdata file only tries to insert one custom field into the database?

Hi Craig

Yeah, I couldn’t work out why it would need to do stuff to queues.
inititialdata in /RT-Extension-RepeatTicket/etc?

@CustomFields = (
{
Name => ‘Original Ticket’,
Type => ‘FreeformSingle’,
Queue => ‘0’,
LinkValueTo => RT->Config->Get(‘WebPath’) . ‘/Ticket/Display.html?id=CustomField’,
}
);

However, you asking about initialdata - I’ve only installed one other extension so far… and that was RT-Announce, and it had issues around not finding initialdata.

So I put RT-Announce’s initialdata somewhere in the path where it could be found (dunno where now… that was last week)
It’s using that initialdata, which will be doing stuff to a queue.
I think I need to find that file, zap it, and see if I get the same “where’s the initialdata error”…

maybe not.. I see an initialdata in RT-Extension-Announce/etc and in RT-Extension-Announce/lib/etc They both add the RTAnnounce queue, so that'll be the queue message..

Ok, removed that and make initdb now gives:

"ERROR: Couldn’t load data from ‘etc/initialdata’:
ERROR:Can’t locate etc/initialdata in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/rt4/sbin/…/local/lib /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-Announce/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib lib /opt/rt4/local/lib /opt/rt4/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.26.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.26 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.26 /usr/share/perl/5.26 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 921.

Do you have the correct initialdata handler in RT_Config for this type of file?"

so that’ll be why this is busted. Don’t know why it’s looking in RT-Extension-Announce…
I could cheat again and drop the RT-RepeatTicket initialdata in there, but it’s not the right thing to do…

E

Okay that makes more sense since that extension creates a new queue. You can also use the following command if you can’t track down the file:

sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile ~/.../rt-extension-repeatticket/etc/initialdata

But using make initdb and removing the previous file from your path is the better option going forward.