Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Hi,
is there a way i can change the priority field in a ticket to a pull
down menu with 4 options like :
100 - urgent 75 - high, and so on?

Or use a custom field which the user selects, when the ticket is
created update the priorty numeric value?

Thanks in advanced.

Try RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org

• Alex

This extension may be what you’re looking for – RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org

It’ll use configured (from RT_SiteConfig.pm) strings to represent numeric values.

Aaron> On Jul 14, 2015, at 5:57 PM, ripache@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,
is there a way i can change the priority field in a ticket to a pull down menu with 4 options like :

Or use a custom field which the user selects, when the ticket is created update the priorty numeric value?

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Richard,

There is an extension by Best Practical that changes the numeric priority to a string.

GarethFrom: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of ripache@gmail.com
Sent: 15 July 2015 01:57
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com; Richard Pacheco
Subject: [rt-users] Priority value

Hi,

is there a way i can change the priority field in a ticket to a pull down menu with 4 options like :

Or use a custom field which the user selects, when the ticket is created update the priorty numeric value?

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Thanks to all for your recommendation, will give it a try a let you know.
Thanks once again.On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Gareth Dawson gareth.dawson@pet.cam.ac.uk wrote:

Richard,

There is an extension by Best Practical that changes the numeric priority
to a string.

RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org

Gareth

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] *On
Behalf Of *ripache@gmail.com

Hi,

is there a way i can change the priority field in a ticket to a pull down
menu with 4 options like :

Or use a custom field which the user selects, when the ticket is created
update the priorty numeric value?

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

Thanks once again that worked. Perhaps this is a long shot,
Is there a way Priority field be displayed on the queue when the Ticket is
being created?

Or have a CustomField, they can choose the Priority value, and update (or
set) the Prioirty value?

Thanks once again, really appreciate all of your help.

RichardOn Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 7:08 AM, ripache@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks once again.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Gareth Dawson < gareth.dawson@pet.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Richard,

There is an extension by Best Practical that changes the numeric priority
to a string.

RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org

Gareth

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] *On
Behalf Of *ripache@gmail.com

Hi,

is there a way i can change the priority field in a ticket to a pull down
menu with 4 options like :

Or use a custom field which the user selects, when the ticket is created
update the priorty numeric value?

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

On the new ticket page, if you click from the Basics to Details in the upper right, it’ll have the option for selecting a priority.

You can also do it via a custom field having a scrip set the true priority, an example for the scrip is at http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CreatePriorityBasedOnCustomFieldValues. I haven’t done this myself, I generally just use the Queue default priority.

Aaron> On Jul 15, 2015, at 5:16 AM, ripache@gmail.com wrote:

Is there a way Priority field be displayed on the queue when the Ticket is being created?

Or have a CustomField, they can choose the Priority value, and update (or set) the Prioirty value?

Richard

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 7:08 AM, <ripache@gmail.com mailto:ripache@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks once again.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Gareth Dawson <gareth.dawson@pet.cam.ac.uk mailto:gareth.dawson@pet.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
Richard,

There is an extension by Best Practical that changes the numeric priority to a string.

RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString

Gareth

<>
From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of ripache@gmail.com mailto:ripache@gmail.com
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com mailto:rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com; Richard Pacheco

Hi,

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

Thanks Aaron> On Jul 15, 2015, at 3:04 PM, Aaron McCormack aaron@backblaze.com wrote:

On the new ticket page, if you click from the Basics to Details in the upper right, it’ll have the option for selecting a priority.

You can also do it via a custom field having a scrip set the true priority, an example for the scrip is at http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CreatePriorityBasedOnCustomFieldValues. I haven’t done this myself, I generally just use the Queue default priority.

Aaron

On Jul 15, 2015, at 5:16 AM, ripache@gmail.com wrote:

Is there a way Priority field be displayed on the queue when the Ticket is being created?

Or have a CustomField, they can choose the Priority value, and update (or set) the Prioirty value?

Richard

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 7:08 AM, ripache@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks once again.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Gareth Dawson gareth.dawson@pet.cam.ac.uk wrote:
Richard,

Gareth

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of ripache@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco

Richard Pacheco