Priority greater than 99

Hi all,
I was wondering if setting Priority to a value greater than 99 (max allowed as documented) could bring to some problems.
I think it would be useful to escalate overdue tickets incrementing the Priority by 1 every hour. Otherwise a ticket overdue since 10 minutes would have the same priority as one overdue since 10 days.

Thanks for any help

AS

Alberto Scotto

[Blue]
Via Cardinal Massaia, 83
10147 - Torino - ITALY
phone: +39 011 29100
al.scotto@reply.it
www.reply.it

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Dnia 2012-06-06, śro o godzinie 14:03 +0000, Scotto Alberto pisze:

Hi all,
I was wondering if setting Priority to a value greater than 99 (max
allowed as documented) could bring to some problems.
I think it would be useful to escalate overdue tickets incrementing
the Priority by 1 every hour. Otherwise a ticket overdue since 10
minutes would have the same priority as one overdue since 10 days.

Didn’t cause any trouble for us.

Regards,

Robert Wysocki
administrator systemów linuksowych
Contium S.A., http://www.contium.pl

Hi all,
I was wondering if setting Priority to a value greater than 99 (max allowed as documented) could bring to some problems.
I think it would be useful to escalate overdue tickets incrementing the Priority by 1 every hour. Otherwise a ticket overdue since 10 minutes would have the same priority as one overdue since 10 days.

Thanks for any help

AS

Alberto Scotto

[Blue]
Via Cardinal Massaia, 83
10147 - Torino - ITALY
phone: +39 011 29100
al.scotto@reply.it
www.reply.it

Hi Alberto,

Unless additional resources are made available to handle overdue tickets whose
priority has escalated, you will end up with many high priority tickets. If they
are all high priority, then no one is high priority. One idea to use for working
within the 0-99 range would be to use an sliding scale to escalate priorities for
overdue tickets. For example, +1 for 1 day overdue, +2 for 2 days, +3 for 4 days,
+4 for 8 days, +5 for 16 days. Using such a scale would give you what you want
and give you bigger buckets as tickets languish in the overdue state. Just an
idea.

Regards,
Ken