Postgres restore not restoring all the tables

Hi,

I’m looking for a solution into an issue I have encountered whilst trying to migrate the RT and the postgres database from one Ubuntu server to a new Ubuntu server using Postgres.
The installation of RT, Apache2, Postgres have all gone smoothly on the new server. An empty default, instance of RT is available via the webpage.

I have attempted to dump the current database and restore it onto the new server. Using the pg_dumpall and the pg_dump rtdb commands.
(ie) pg_dump rtdb >outputfile and pg_dumpall -clean -blob -format=C -U user rtdb >outputfile
The file sizes are significantly different pg_dumpall yields a 850Mb file whilst pg_dump rtdb has a 3.5Gb file

Restoring is where I encounter difficulties. I’ve tried both pg_restore and psql< inputfile
I
The outputfile from the pg_dump seems to go well, all the tickets are restored but none of the other tables. For instance the queues, groups and users tables are not populated with any data.

I’ve read the section on backup and restore from the RT Essentials book but still no joy.

Any advice, tips or recommendation greatly appreciated.

Regards
Steve

Hi,

I’m looking for a solution into an issue I have encountered whilst trying to migrate the RT
and the postgres database from one Ubuntu server to a new Ubuntu server using Postgres.

The installation of RT, Apache2, Postgres have all gone smoothly on the new server. An empty
default, instance of RT is available via the webpage.

I have attempted to dump the current database and restore it onto the new server. Using the
pg_dumpall and the pg_dump rtdb commands.

You should check the man pages for pg_dump and pg_dumpall. dumpall
probably isn’t what you wanted. If you’re using the plaintext for
pg_dump and are inserting into a clean database, you’re going to need
some flags to tell pg to create tables.

-kevin