Pasting a screenshot in RT .4.4 in the message body

I am using mozilla fox browser. I could paste a screenshot directly in message body of a ticket while replying and commenting a ticket in RT 4.0 version. I upgraded it to RT 4.4.4 but I cannot paste the image directly to the message body of a ticket. It is showing another window to paste due to browser security warning , but when I am pasting it is not being reflected in the message body. Please find attached screenshot for reference. Please let me know if anyone has the fix.

I have set the Set($MaxInlineBody, 12000); in RT_SiteCOnfig.pm(Because this configuration is working in RT 4.0 version. ). But it is not working in RT 4.4.

Sorry, no fix that I know of. I made a plea for help months ago on this very problem and received no help at all. :frowning:

The editor that you have in the screen shot is the CKEditor which is a third party rich text editor, I haven’t tried to adjust the settings for pasting images. But if there is a way to do it then it would be a CKEditor setting, so you will want to take a look at the documentation for CKEditor.

Ok. Then 4.0 was using a different editor and 4.4 is using a different editor. Is my understanding is correct?

I believe it was using an older version of CKEditor, there is also a chance that there were custom config settings for your previous install

Could you please let me know any path, where the custom configuration are there so taha I can edit there.

share/static/RichText/config.js

I just got some reference from best practical forum to add this line .
config.pasteFromWordCleanupFile = ‘…/static/RichText/plugins/pastefromword/filter/default.js’;

I added in the COnfig.js, but it is not helping . Any suggestions?

I just got some reference from best practical forum to add this line .
config.pasteFromWordCleanupFile = ‘…/static/RichText/plugins/pastefromword/filter/default.js’;

I added in the COnfig.js, but it is not helping . Any suggestions?

Are you also trying to paste MS word content and are not able to?

I am able to paste any text content. But facing issue while pasting a screenshot/image.

It shows one box and then for paste ctrl + v. and in that box I am able to paste ,after clicking ok nothing is coming in message body.Capture

That plugin looks like its for pasting MS word text:

A quick search online I see an official post here (I haven’t tried this though):

Tried installing image paste plugin which works for mozillafire fox , it is not working

Any Idea what needs to be done?

Seems like there is a plugin that claims to work for FF and Chrome

Hey it’s not able to get me the desired feature

Any help would be appreciated.

Most likely you either had specific URIs whitelisted in your browser that have now changed with newer version of CKEditor, or you had the Clipboard plugin installed for CKEditor and now do not.

The “extra” popup you’re getting is normal - not getting it is not normal! In other words, the mystery isn’t really why it’s broken now, it’s How Did This Ever Work?

See Clipboard | CKEditor.com and Clipboard Integration - CKEditor 4 Documentation for additional information.

Hey guys, try this extension. It works like a charm for me.

Regards,
Manuel