Owner field on create and view ticket

Hi all.

Got a req from a few folks using rt 3.2 (still) they would like to disable
the Owner field when viewing or creating a ticket. As I understand it I can
create default owners for each queue, which is the way we would prefer, but
then once john doe logs in a day after opening a ticket he can see the owner
of his ticket, and we would like to prevent that.

Any ideas?

thanx

steverieger wrote:

Hi all.

Got a req from a few folks using rt 3.2 (still) they would like to disable
the Owner field when viewing or creating a ticket. As I understand it I can
create default owners for each queue, which is the way we would prefer, but
then once john doe logs in a day after opening a ticket he can see the owner
of his ticket, and we would like to prevent that.

Any ideas?

thanx


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training@bestpractical.com for details.

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

I have only used 3.4.1 but the self-service interface I don’t believe
shows the owner, it just gives very basic information on the status of
the ticket.

When updating a ticket I as the requestor can see the owner, I would like to
prevent thatOn 3/1/05 1:21 PM, “Lee W” rt-list@unassemble.co.uk wrote:

steverieger wrote:

Hi all.

Got a req from a few folks using rt 3.2 (still) they would like to disable
the Owner field when viewing or creating a ticket. As I understand it I can
create default owners for each queue, which is the way we would prefer, but
then once john doe logs in a day after opening a ticket he can see the owner
of his ticket, and we would like to prevent that.

Any ideas?

thanx


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston,
San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training@bestpractical.com for
details.

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

I have only used 3.4.1 but the self-service interface I don’t believe
shows the owner, it just gives very basic information on the status of
the ticket.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston,
San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training@bestpractical.com for details.

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

steverieger wrote:

When updating a ticket I as the requestor can see the owner, I would like to
prevent that

You may want to try adding a bit of wrapper code around the part of
$RTROOT/html/Tickets/Update.html that creates the owner box. Maybe that
checks if a user is privileged or not.

Something similar was done for the ‘Configuration’ entry on the side
menu (in file $RTROOT/html/Elements/Tabs, do a search for
Configuration). This is a fairly recent addition so may not be in your
version.

You would probably need to add a static hidden value in there with the
name ‘Owner’ and the numeric id of the user who currently owns the
ticket so that the comments will successfully save, not perfect but it
is a start

Don’t forget to copy the file to the local tree before modifying it.

Regards

Lee

Edit the /SelfService/Elements/MyRequests and remove references to
Owner? Remeber to save local instead of directly editing the original.

DB

steverieger wrote: