Oracle Installation successful

Thanks for everybody who helped give advice on what I should look at for the
oracle installation.

I ended up blowing away everything I had done (zipping it first of course),
and then reinstalling version
rt-3.4.2 and following the instructions.

I had problems with the Oracle connection and followed it down.

I finally figured out that all my problems stemmed from the fact that I had
to add the DBI statement to this field in
Set($DatabaseName , ‘host=rabbit; sid=devl’);
This was not clearly documented and caused some issues but my debugging
efforts paid off.

Once I did that, and changed the makefile to login as the user/owner of the
Oracle db instead of “root” all was good!

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT
City of Grand Rapids
P: (616)456-3713
F: (616)456-3448