On Create - Move to the proper queue

Using RT 3.8.7. I have two departments, IT and Maintenance, each with their own matching subqueues based on the building the calling ticket is from (ex. IT-BuildingA, Maint-BuildingA, IT-BuildingB, Maint-BuildingB, etc). Rather than list 20 queues for the user to choose from for creating a ticket, I want to give just two: IT and Maint. I have the Buildings listed in a required custom field {CustomField.building}.

When a ticket is created in either of the two main queues, I want it to be immediately moved to the appropriate department-building queue based on the initial queue and custom field.

I am assuming that I need to write a scrip that will do this using the condition of On Create, but I do not know the best way to go about this. I am familiar with C++ and PHP and this is my first foray into Perl, so please excuse my C-centric thinking and kindly direct me. Do I create a long if-elseif structure that lists all queues and subqueues? Does anyone have a sample scrip that does something similar that you would be willing to share?

I have read the RT Essentials book.

Thank you,
Eric

***** DISCLAIMER ***** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of USD 230. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of USD 230 with another party by email without express written confirmation by the USD 230 Superintendent of Schools. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.