ObjectCustomFieldValues weirdness

Any idea why I’d be seeing the following in the ObjectCustomFieldValues
table:

mysql> select id, CustomField, ObjectType, ObjectId, Content, LastUpdated
from ObjectCustomFieldValues where Objectid = 80487 and CustomField = 5;
| id | CustomField | ObjectType | ObjectId | Content |
LastUpdated |
| 24363 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Email | 2009-02-25
13:23:16 |
| 24544 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Hardware | 2009-02-25
13:23:16 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Two rows being inserted at exactly the same time with different Contents?

FWIW, came across this while pulling out TimeTaken info from the
Transactions table and mapping it to a Category custom field. Was getting
duplicates that it took me a while to track down.

I should add that the two results do have different Created values:

| id | ObjectId | Content | LastUpdated | Created |
| 24363 | 80487 | Email | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-23 14:20:58 |
| 24544 | 80487 | Hardware | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Stephen Cochran < stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net> wrote:

Any idea why I’d be seeing the following in the ObjectCustomFieldValues
table:

mysql> select id, CustomField, ObjectType, ObjectId, Content, LastUpdated
from ObjectCustomFieldValues where Objectid = 80487 and CustomField = 5;

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
| id | CustomField | ObjectType | ObjectId | Content |
LastUpdated |

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
| 24363 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Email | 2009-02-25
13:23:16 |
| 24544 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Hardware | 2009-02-25
13:23:16 |

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Two rows being inserted at exactly the same time with different Contents?

FWIW, came across this while pulling out TimeTaken info from the
Transactions table and mapping it to a Category custom field. Was getting
duplicates that it took me a while to track down.

Stephen,

Well, it could be a couple of things. First, and simplest, is the one 

with the earliest creation date may be disabled. You didn’t show that
field from the DataBase so I can’t say for sure that is it. When a user
changes the value for a CF (defined as “select one value”) on a ticket,
it keeps the old record and flags it as disabled and then creates a new
one for the new value. You could find out about this by looking at your
transaction table. It would most likely show there, since those kind of
changes can be seen in a ticket’s history.
The other possibility is that the Custom Field was defined as “Select
Multiple Values” and the user selected a single value and then selected
another, or selected both at the same time. Either way, you will end up
with two records for the same Custom Field for the same ticket and both
will be enabled. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNLOn 3/3/2009 9:12 PM, Stephen Cochran wrote:

I should add that the two results do have different Created values:

±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
| id | ObjectId | Content | LastUpdated | Created |
±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
| 24363 | 80487 | Email | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-23 14:20:58 |
| 24544 | 80487 | Hardware | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 |
±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Stephen Cochran <stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net mailto:stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net> wrote:

Any idea why I'd be seeing the following in the
ObjectCustomFieldValues table:

mysql> select id, CustomField, ObjectType, ObjectId, Content,
LastUpdated from ObjectCustomFieldValues where Objectid = 80487 and
CustomField = 5;
+-------+-------------+------------+----------+----------+---------------------+
| id    | CustomField | ObjectType | ObjectId | Content  |
LastUpdated         |
+-------+-------------+------------+----------+----------+---------------------+
| 24363 |           5 | RT::Ticket |    80487 | Email    |
2009-02-25 13:23:16 |
| 24544 |           5 | RT::Ticket |    80487 | Hardware |
2009-02-25 13:23:16 |
+-------+-------------+------------+----------+----------+---------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Two rows being inserted at exactly the same time with different
Contents?

FWIW, came across this while pulling out TimeTaken info from the
Transactions table and mapping it to a Category custom field. Was
getting duplicates that it took me a while to track down.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Disabled was the column I missed thanks. Now I won’t get double
matches/count on some report queries by Category!On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

Stephen,

   Well, it could be a couple of things. First, and simplest, is the

one with the earliest creation date may be disabled. You didn’t show that
field from the DataBase so I can’t say for sure that is it. When a user
changes the value for a CF (defined as “select one value”) on a ticket, it
keeps the old record and flags it as disabled and then creates a new one for
the new value. You could find out about this by looking at your transaction
table. It would most likely show there, since those kind of changes can be
seen in a ticket’s history.
The other possibility is that the Custom Field was defined as
"Select Multiple Values" and the user selected a single value and then
selected another, or selected both at the same time. Either way, you will
end up with two records for the same Custom Field for the same ticket and
both will be enabled. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On 3/3/2009 9:12 PM, Stephen Cochran wrote:

I should add that the two results do have different Created values:

±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
| id | ObjectId | Content | LastUpdated | Created
|

±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
| 24363 | 80487 | Email | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-23 14:20:58
|
| 24544 | 80487 | Hardware | 2009-02-25 13:23:16 | 2009-02-25 13:23:16
|

±------±---------±---------±--------------------±--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Stephen Cochran < stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net <mailto: stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net>> wrote:

Any idea why I’d be seeing the following in the
ObjectCustomFieldValues table:

mysql> select id, CustomField, ObjectType, ObjectId, Content,
LastUpdated from ObjectCustomFieldValues where Objectid = 80487 and
CustomField = 5;

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
| id | CustomField | ObjectType | ObjectId | Content |
LastUpdated |

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
| 24363 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Email |
2009-02-25 13:23:16 |
| 24544 | 5 | RT::Ticket | 80487 | Hardware |
2009-02-25 13:23:16 |

±------±------------±-----------±---------±---------±--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Two rows being inserted at exactly the same time with different
Contents?

FWIW, came across this while pulling out TimeTaken info from the
Transactions table and mapping it to a Category custom field. Was
getting duplicates that it took me a while to track down.



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media. Buy a
copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com