Numeric custom field values

Hi.

I have some custom fields to track numeric priority independent of the built-in priority field.

This is an example of a search string I use: Queue = ‘helpdesk’ AND ‘CF.{Helpdesk Priority}’ > 15
But this returns tickets where CF.{Helpdesk Priority} is set to 2
That leads me to believe that the operation being preformed is a string comparison (where 2 is indeed greater than 15), versus a numeric one.

So my question is: is there a proper syntax to use in the search builder to treat those custom field values as numeric?

Thanks!
Brent

Sorry I forgot to add -

I’m not sure if the versions will make any difference in regards to this question, but I’m running RT 4.2.2 on Ubuntu 13.10 with MySQL 5.5.34 and Sphinx 2.1.3

Thanks,
BrentFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Parish, Brent
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:52 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Numeric custom field values

Hi.

I have some custom fields to track numeric priority independent of the built-in priority field.

This is an example of a search string I use: Queue = ‘helpdesk’ AND ‘CF.{Helpdesk Priority}’ > 15
But this returns tickets where CF.{Helpdesk Priority} is set to 2
That leads me to believe that the operation being preformed is a string comparison (where 2 is indeed greater than 15), versus a numeric one.

So my question is: is there a proper syntax to use in the search builder to treat those custom field values as numeric?

Thanks!
Brent

I’m having a similar problem: Setting Custom Field values in Actions/Scrips

My Scrip/Action works perfectly now, but the Query Builder isn’t searching properly. It’s treating the Custom Field as text, not a number (I understand why this is happening). Is there a way to cast the data type in TicketSQL so that I can use the Custom Fields to store additional ticket metrics?