Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/share/rt44/html/Elements/Tabs line 608

Upgrading from RT 4.4.4 to 4.4.5 on our test server worked fine (FreeBSD using ports/pkg) but in production we got to browser: “An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in RT’s log files.”

and logged was:

[error]: Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/share/rt44/html/Elements/Tabs line 608.

Stack:
[/usr/local/share/rt44/html/Elements/Tabs:608]
[/usr/local/share/rt44/html/Ticket/Display.html:51]
[/usr/local/share/rt44/html/Ticket/autohandler:66]
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/RT/Interface/Web.pm:706]
[/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/RT/Interface/Web.pm:385]
[/usr/local/share/rt44/html/autohandler:53] (/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:209)

Any ideas how to troubleshoot what might be at the root of this mystery?

Thanks in advance… .

Ben

What is on line 608?

606 my $recents = $tickets->child( recent => title => loc(‘Recently Viewed’));
607 for ($session{CurrentUser}->RecentlyViewedTickets) {
608 my ($ticketId, $timestamp) = @$_;

That seems odd since on a clean 4.4.5 RT it isn’t the same:

oh sorry - that was lines 606-608 from the older version RT 4.4.4!

On 4.4.5 on our test server, I see the same exact file as you linked there (from github) so the line 608 has:

604     $dashes->child( edit => title => loc('Update This Menu'), path => 'Prefs/DashboardsInMenu.html' );
 605     $dashes->child( more => title => loc('All Dashboards'),   path => 'Dashboards/index.html' );
 606     my $dashboard = RT::Dashboard->new( $session{CurrentUser} );
 607     if ( $dashboard->CurrentUserCanCreateAny ) {
 608         $dashes->child('dashboard_create' => title => loc('New Dashboard'), path => "/Dashboards/Modify.html?Create=1" );
 609     }

Did you clear the mason cache/restart the web server? It seems odd as there is no reference to an array on 608 there

had restarted web server, had not yet tried clearing the mason cache. . . can try that tonight!

i didn’t bother waiting for our maintenance window! clearing the mason cache (/var/run/rt44/mason_data/obj/* on FreeBSD port) did the trick! thank you so much! this had become a real thorn in my side!