Hmmmm. Here is how DirectoryIndex is defined, in commonapache.conf:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.php3 index.shtml index.cgi
index.pl index.htm Default.htm default.htm
The permissions, etc that you mention all seem to be in order.
Would it help if I sent full copies of some of my config files? and/or
KendricFrom: Russell Mosemann [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:12 AM
To: Beachey, Kendric
Cc: Rt-Users (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [rt-users] New install on Gentoo–Undefined subroutine
10.12.32.200 - - [16/Mar/2005:09:34:49 -0600] “GET /rt/ HTTP/1.1” 404 297
This shows that the browser is trying to access the rt directory.
How is DirectoryIndex defined?
The requested URL /rt/index.html was not found on this server.
The only things that come to mind at the moment are:
- The document root is not correct such that the rt directory does not
occur under the current document root.
- The permissions of the rt directory or a parent directory do not
allow access by apache.
- The rt directory (or parent directory) doesn’t exist or is misspelled.
- index.html doesn’t really exist or is misspelled.
- The permissions on index.html don’t allow apache to read it.
- You are trying to access the /rt/ directory and DirectoryIndex does
not include index.html as one of the default documents.
- Your setup is a little quirky and requires the Rewrite rule to
map directory access to the index.html document. This was discussed
a few days ago on the list and should be in the Wiki somewhere.
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University,
"When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight."
RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon!
(Boston, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact email@example.com
Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation