New install of rt44 - configuring apache

Sorry if this is a common one - I’ve googled this to death and keep finding differing advice.

Brand new install of rt44, apache 2.4 on FreeBSD 12.1, all installed from ports. Configured for mod_perl.

Using rt-server --port 8080 results in a fully functional rt on port 8080.

I just can’t seem to get the apache config right. Depending on which config options I use, I either get “internal server error” or “forbidden.”

Here’s my httpd-vhosts.conf file:

Listen 192.168.1.29:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.29:80>
            ServerName myserver-01
            ServerAdmin systemalerts@mycompany.com

DocumentRoot /usr/local/share/rt44/html

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
#            PerlRequire /opt/rt4/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /usr/local/share/rt44/html>
                Require all granted

SetHandler perl-script
                PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
            </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

What error do you see in the RT/web server logs when you see the above errors?

With the above vhosts config, I get “500 internal server error” in the browser, and the following in httpd-error.log

[perl:error] [pid 13760] [client 192.168.1.89:58180] failed to resolve handler `RT::Mason’: Can’t locate RT/Mason.pm in @INC (you may need to install the RT::Mason module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.32 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.32/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.32 /usr/local) at (eval 35) line 1.

How do I check for RT::Mason? Is my vhosts config even correct?

Thanks!

I seem to have a Mason.pm at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/HTML/Mason.pm

Most likely you installed RT using a different Perl from the Perlbrew perl you started

If you look at the top of sbin/rt-server which Perl does it point to?

The first line reads

#!/usr/local/bin/perl –w

(Note – manually running rt-server seems to work fine and results in an accessible RT)

Adam

I wonder if the Apache user doesn’t have rights to access the Perl libs. I always use mod Fcgid