New Extension - Away Mode

Hi all,

I just published a new Extension for RT: RT::Extension::AwayMode

CPAN: RT-Extension-AwayMode-0.01 - Automatically hand off tickets while an owner is away - metacpan.org

Github: GitHub - firefart/RT-Extension-AwayMode · GitHub

This extension lets you set a away flag (optionally with a date) per user similar to outlooks auto reply /.out of office. If a users ticket receives a reply and he/she is set to away, the ticket will be unassigned so it pops up in the open tickets again. This solves a big pain point in our team and the untake action fits our workflow perfectly.

Posting this here just in case someone else had the same pain points..

Screenshots:

Good to test it now…

I’ve written po files for Spanish and Catalan. Do I open an issue in GitHub for sending the files?

Sure, just open a Pull Request on Github. Going to add a new version soon to also include actions for Comments on Tickets (currently only correspondence is implemented), so I can include them

This is a great addition and we’ve just implemented it on our own system. I came across one problem though. Rocky Linux 9 (and presumably many other distros) ship perl v 5.32.1 as standard but the module requires 5.36. I’ve submitted a pull request to reduce the requirement to 5.20 which allows it to install cleanly and still support subroutine signatures. I hope you can consider this for inclusion in a future release. https://github.com/firefart/RT-Extension-AwayMode/pull/3

Thank you for taking the time to make this code available to the community.

Simon.