Need some initil help around rt-email-group-admin usage

Hello!

I’m not a new to RT and I’ve used it a lot. Recently I’ve faced notifying special groups need. So I’ve started digging around rt-email-group-admin and got confused. How should I run it? I’m just getting ‘command not found’ both from bash or RT CLI…

Could you explain your usecase a little more, there might be a better approach using cronrool

1 Like

Thanks for response! I’m about to notify custom groups on tickets events instead of RT reqular AdminCC and Watchers builtin groups.

In the second case, you might not have . in your path. So try ./rt-email-group-admin --list

In tah case RT says I don’t have permissions:

It’s not quite clear to me how to use rt-email-group-admin as a command tool as it mentioned in the guide…

Thanks for response! I’m about to notify custom groups on tickets events instead of RT reqular AdminCC and Watchers builtin groups.

This is actually what custom roles are for. You can create a new role Admin->Custom roles->Create and apply them to the queue(s) you’d like to notify on.

Then you can add users/groups as default watchers on a per-queue level or per-ticket bases.

Once your watchers are setup you want to create some new notification automation, first we need a new action that alerts the members of this custom role:

1. Admin->Global->Actions->Create:
    Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.21.05 PM

2. Create a new scrip where the action is the new action “Notify Some Role” then choose a template to generate the emails content and a condition to determine when to send the email (On comment, on reply, etc)

The RT command line scripts have to be run by a user with rights to see the RT libraries, configuration, etc. In your case it looks like you need to switch to a user called “it” (or use root).

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That’s worked as a charm!

One thing I’ve corrected:

as ‘RT::Sales-role’ didn’t do a trick…