Mysql and MD5 implementation

I’ve seen a few reference to MD5 here, but really not sure which solution I require. I’ve setup a new RT5 install and want to use MySQL for the DB. In following a setup designed for PostGres, there was a configuration step as follows:

Reconfigure postgres local user access
Configure PostgreSQL to use md5 passwords (needed for RT). Edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf and modify the following line from peer to md5:

“local” is for Unix domain socket connections only

#local all all peer
local all all md5

Am I correct in assuming I need the equivalent in MySQL even though our users will be authenticating via IDP (shibboleth)?

So long as RT can connect to the database via password I think you’re all set. If your RT is running then you know it was able to connect!

Still in the process of system setup…was just trying to be in lock-step with the install documentation for the postgres outline. Is there any need to setup an initial account for RT to connect?

If you don’t want to create a new user account for RT by default the dba user RT will use is “root”. I believe you can just give the MySQL root user password when creating the database