We are looking at moving our RT server from a SPARC Sunblade 150 running Solaris 9 over to an x86 OS on a VMWare ESX virtual infrastructure node.
Anyone done this?
I’m looking to answer a few things:
Which OS would I be better off using in terms of ease of setup and performance / cost / support:
- Fedora Core 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (update 1)
- Solaris 10 x86
Any ideas on how to migrate from on RT release (3.0.3) on SPARC over to the new OS / platform and RT 3.4.2?
I was thinking:
- Install a minimal OS on the new Virtual node
- Satisfy RT 3.4.2 dependencies
- Install and configure 3.0.3 on the new virtual node
- Copy the existing 3.0.3 database over and test
- Upgrade to 3.4.2
- Cut over the from the SPARC to the new virtual node
Any comments / suggestions?
The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.