Module version Question

Hi all,
I am trying to make RT3.0.9 work with LDAP. I can’t use Apache to do the authentication since we need to have a login screen where we can post messages to the users. So I am modifying User_Local.pm based on the User_Local.pm file I found on the maillist.
I wrote a function in User_Local.pm that does the LDAP auth, based on the User_Local.pm code that I found in the maillist.
I need the login screen to create a user on the fly, so I am adding local/html/Callbacks/XYZ/autohandler/Auth to do that based on the code under webexternal auth. To verify that the user logging in I try to call RT::User::_LDAPAUTH($user,$pass,FLAG); but get the following error, I also tried to pass the object to my function by calling it $UserObj->_LDAPAUTH($user,$pass,FLAG) but still get the same error?

Any tips welcome

TIA
John

error: Can’t call method “_Accessible” without a package or object reference at /opt/rt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm line 406.

context: …
402: my $self = shift;
403:
404: no strict ‘refs’;
405:
406: if ($AUTOLOAD =~ /.*::(\w+)/o && $self->Accessible($1,‘read’) ) {
407: my $Attrib = $1;
408:
409: *{$AUTOLOAD} = sub { return ($
[0]->_Value($Attrib))};
410: return($self->_Value($Attrib));

code stack: /opt/rt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm:406
/opt/rt/rt3/local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm:179
/opt/rt/rt3/local/html/Callbacks/QCTES/autohandler/Auth:18
/opt/rt/rt3/share/html/Elements/Callback:59
/opt/rt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:164

Found my problem, seems that the User Local.pm ldap solution didn’t import the LDAP error codes or the ldap_error_name function. I added to the script and the error disappeared!
use Net::LDAP qw(LDAP_SUCCESS LDAP_PARTIAL_RESULTS);
use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_name);

JohnOn Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:34:10AM -0800, John Gedeon wrote:

Hi all,
I am trying to make RT3.0.9 work with LDAP. I can’t use Apache to do the authentication since we need to have a login screen where we can post messages to the users. So I am modifying User_Local.pm based on the User_Local.pm file I found on the maillist.
I wrote a function in User_Local.pm that does the LDAP auth, based on the User_Local.pm code that I found in the maillist.
I need the login screen to create a user on the fly, so I am adding local/html/Callbacks/XYZ/autohandler/Auth to do that based on the code under webexternal auth. To verify that the user logging in I try to call RT::User::_LDAPAUTH($user,$pass,FLAG); but get the following error, I also tried to pass the object to my function by calling it $UserObj->_LDAPAUTH($user,$pass,FLAG) but still get the same error?

Any tips welcome

TIA
John

error: Can’t call method “_Accessible” without a package or object reference at /opt/rt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm line 406.

context: …
402: my $self = shift;
403:
404: no strict ‘refs’;
405:
406: if ($AUTOLOAD =~ /.*::(\w+)/o && $self->Accessible($1,‘read’) ) {
407: my $Attrib = $1;
408:
409: *{$AUTOLOAD} = sub { return ($
[0]->_Value($Attrib))};
410: return($self->_Value($Attrib));

code stack: /opt/rt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm:406