Modify Create Ticket display


#1

To all,

When my users go into the "new Ticket" screen to create a ticket, the 

custom fields that are available are scattered all over the place. I’d
like to arrange them, somehow. I’ve gone to
Configuration->Queues->Ticket Custom Fields and re-arranged the order of
how they are to be displayed, but that just moves them up and down and
THAT doesn’t always work. How can I keep RT from squeezing them into the
screen on the left or right of another field as well as get them in the
right top-down order? Thanks in advance.

Kenn
LBNL


#2

Hi Kenn,

I don’t have the ultimate solution but I changed the behavior in that
way, that there will be one column of custom fields only instead of two.
This makes the look of RT much better. You just need to edit
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomFields (copy it into local
of course) and get rid of the code which divided the number of CFs into
two columns.

This is how my code now looks like above the <%INIT> section:

% while (my $CustomField = $CustomFields->Next()) { % }
<%$CustomField->Name%>
% if (my $msg = $m->notes('InvalidField-' . $CustomField->Id)) { <% $msg %> % }
<& /Elements/EditCustomField, Object => $TicketObj, CustomField => $CustomField, NamePrefix => $NamePrefix , Default => $m->notes('Field-' . $CustomField->Id), &>

Try this, it will make the sites more readable. Now it also makes more
sense to sort the CFs. Would be nice to add more widgets or get at least
a possibility to group a couple of CFs to reasonable categories but
unfortunately I don’t have any time to hack this into RT.

Ben

Kenneth Crocker schrieb:


#3

Benjamin,

I plugged in your code right at the top, just below the last comment 

and in front of the and got the following error:

Error during compilation of
/apps/rt/rt-3.6.6/local/html/Elements/EditCustomField:
Global symbol “$CustomFields” requires explicit package name at
/apps/rt/rt-3.6.6/local/html/Elements/EditCustomField line 50,
line 302.
Global symbol “$TicketObj” requires explicit package name at
/apps/rt/rt-3.6.6/local/html/Elements/EditCustomField line 60,
line 302.

Not being much of a perl programmer (I don't even know if my comment 

line that I put in front of your code needs a %# or just a #) I’m not
sure what I did wrong. I didn’t change anything at all except adsd a
comment line in front and after.

Kenn
LBNLOn 6/24/2008 12:35 AM, Benjamin Weser wrote:

Hi Kenn,

I don’t have the ultimate solution but I changed the behavior in that
way, that there will be one column of custom fields only instead of two.
This makes the look of RT much better. You just need to edit
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomFields (copy it into local
of course) and get rid of the code which divided the number of CFs into
two columns.

This is how my code now looks like above the <%INIT> section:

% while (my $CustomField = $CustomFields->Next()) { % }
<%$CustomField->Name%>
% if (my $msg = $m->notes('InvalidField-' . $CustomField->Id)) { <% $msg %> % }
<& /Elements/EditCustomField, Object => $TicketObj, CustomField => $CustomField, NamePrefix => $NamePrefix , Default => $m->notes('Field-' . $CustomField->Id), &>

Try this, it will make the sites more readable. Now it also makes more
sense to sort the CFs. Would be nice to add more widgets or get at least
a possibility to group a couple of CFs to reasonable categories but
unfortunately I don’t have any time to hack this into RT.

Ben

Kenneth Crocker schrieb:

To all,

When my users go into the "new Ticket" screen to create a ticket, 

the custom fields that are available are scattered all over the place.
I’d like to arrange them, somehow. I’ve gone to
Configuration->Queues->Ticket Custom Fields and re-arranged the order
of how they are to be displayed, but that just moves them up and down
and THAT doesn’t always work. How can I keep RT from squeezing them
into the screen on the left or right of another field as well as get
them in the right top-down order? Thanks in advance.

Kenn
LBNL


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


#4

Kenn,

Are you seeing this problem (custom fields not in the order you
specify) on ticket display & basics screens too? Are you using
Oracle, and what version of DBIx::SearchBuilder do you have?

After a recent upgrade of DBIx::SearchBuilder, we are seeing ticket
custom fields in the wrong sequence on all ticket screens. I believe
this is a bug in the Oracle-specific code in SearchBuilder - I will
post specific details when I’ve done a bit more research. I see the
problem on SearchBuilder 1.51 and 1.53.

Does anyone else running Oracle see this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

At 6/20/2008 07:33 PM, you wrote:


#5

Greetings!

Okay, this is a weird one…

I have set up several user accounts, and have had no trouble setting up
email addresses as needed for those users. However, when I go to
add/modify my own address to "kfreels@sendmail.com", I get:

User kfreels: Illegal value for EmailAddress

and it reverts back to the one I had before. I can change it to
anything but that (examples: kevin@sendmail.com, kfreels@fred.com,
etc), but just not "kfreels@sendmail.com". Any other user is just fine
with @sendmail.com. The only thing I can think of is that I have a
local account on this box whereas the other users do not. So I tried
removing the UnixAccount, Nickname, and everything else, but nothing
changed.

Nothing in the httpd access or error logs, or syslog (BTW, are there any
transaction logs to look at?).

Hints?

RT 3.6.5 / FC8

Thanks, as always…

…k
Kevin Freels
Director of Information Technology
Sendmail, Inc.
kfreels@sendmail.com 510/594.5572


#6

Nevermind…

Found my problem.

I had created (then disabled) a user named kev-test with that address.
So the address wasn’r illegal, just already in use.

How do I delete (not just disable) users?

…k


#7

Stephen,

Yes indeed. We use Oracle 9 in Prod at the moment, but will be on 10 

soon. I just upgraded my Dev to 3.6.6 so I think my SearchBuiler is at
1.53. In Prod we are at 3.6.4 and 1.49 respectively. Prod doesn’t seem
to show this problem. I also noticed that in DEV, the CF’s are spread
out all over the place horizontally, not just vertically. All over the
place, really. It seems to put a “Select one” CF in between my “Fill one
text” CF’s so that on the left side I may have a “fill one text” CF,
then on the right a “Select one”, then on the next line, it is reversed,
throw a “fill one text” CF way out to the right. Looks horribly ugly.
I’m not planning on upgrading to any more 3.6.x versions. As soon as
3.8 is ready, I’m putting it in. However, a patch to THAT problem would,
of course, be considered.
Stephen, thanks a bunch for your help. We are getting bigger here by
the month. I just added 25 more tech support queues AND they are now
wanting me to use the CF URL link ability to tie in a “Resolve” to
linking to version control. Kool, huh? that should a a LOT of fun.

Kenn
LBNLOn 6/25/2008 6:40 AM, Stephen Turner wrote:

Kenn,

Are you seeing this problem (custom fields not in the order you specify)
on ticket display & basics screens too? Are you using Oracle, and what
version of DBIx::SearchBuilder do you have?

After a recent upgrade of DBIx::SearchBuilder, we are seeing ticket
custom fields in the wrong sequence on all ticket screens. I believe
this is a bug in the Oracle-specific code in SearchBuilder - I will post
specific details when I’ve done a bit more research. I see the problem
on SearchBuilder 1.51 and 1.53.

Does anyone else running Oracle see this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

At 6/20/2008 07:33 PM, you wrote:

To all,

    When my users go into the "new Ticket" screen to create a 

ticket, the
custom fields that are available are scattered all over the place. I’d
like to arrange them, somehow. I’ve gone to
Configuration->Queues->Ticket Custom Fields and re-arranged the order of
how they are to be displayed, but that just moves them up and down and
THAT doesn’t always work. How can I keep RT from squeezing them into the
screen on the left or right of another field as well as get them in the
right top-down order? Thanks in advance.

Kenn
LBNL


#8

using shredderOn Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Kevin Freels kfreels@sendmail.com wrote:

Nevermind…

Found my problem.

I had created (then disabled) a user named kev-test with that address.
So the address wasn’r illegal, just already in use.

How do I delete (not just disable) users?

…k
-=-=-=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Freels
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:42 AM
To: rt Users
Subject: Illegal value for EmailAddress

Greetings!

Okay, this is a weird one…

I have set up several user accounts, and have had no trouble
setting up email addresses as needed for those users.
However, when I go to add/modify my own address to
"kfreels@sendmail.com", I get:

User kfreels: Illegal value for EmailAddress

and it reverts back to the one I had before. I can change it
to anything but that (examples: kevin@sendmail.com,
kfreels@fred.com, etc), but just not "kfreels@sendmail.com".
Any other user is just fine with @sendmail.com. The
only thing I can think of is that I have a local account on
this box whereas the other users do not. So I tried removing
the UnixAccount, Nickname, and everything else, but nothing changed.

Nothing in the httpd access or error logs, or syslog (BTW,
are there any transaction logs to look at?).

Hints?

RT 3.6.5 / FC8

Thanks, as always…

…k
-=-=-=-
Kevin Freels
Director of Information Technology
Sendmail, Inc.
kfreels@sendmail.com 510/594.5572


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.


#9

Kenneth Crocker wrote:

Stephen, thanks a bunch for your help. We are getting bigger here by
the month. I just added 25 more tech support queues AND they are now
wanting me to use the CF URL link ability to tie in a “Resolve” to
linking to version control. Kool, huh? that should a a LOT of fun.

If you figure out how to do that I would like to see a snippet because I
can’t get my head around it. Tried a couple of things but got not nearly
close to what I wanted or expected.

Thanks,

Joop


#10

Joop,

It will take a couple of months, because I'm in the middle of writing 

some code in CLI/SQL to convert about 7,500 table records from another
ticketing system in Oracle into RT. However, when I DO get to this, I’m
hoping, first of all, to get my technical support groups to agree to one
and ONLY one version control system (hoping that will be SVK from BP!).
Then I think it should be fairly easy.
My plan is to create a scrip for a CF called something like “Prog ID"
and whenever the Ticket Status is changed to “open” execute the URL
(ability built into RT CF’s) with a “grab, lock & return member to work
directory” type command and another scrip when the Ticket Status is
changed to “resolved” to execute the same shell with a “replace &
unlock” type of command.
Since I have already put in a QA WorkFlow design with scrips that
require a seperate QA Approval group to approve the work (both parent &
child levels) before it can be “Resolved”, this design would give RT a
"one button” resolution design.
If I keep the scrip at the ticket level, then if I have 5 children
tickets to a parent (for example), then when each child ticket is
"resolved", the scrip will look at the CF and if not null or blank, go
to the URL and execute the link. Those children tickets with no CF
attached or where the CF is blank/null, the shell is NOT executed.
Well, that’s my rough design at the moment. I’ll flesh it out when I
get into the shell and the specific version control system. If you get
any ideas on this, I’d be more than happy to work on them with you.
thanks for your interest.

Kenn
LBNLOn 6/25/2008 11:30 PM, Joop wrote:

Kenneth Crocker wrote:

Stephen, thanks a bunch for your help. We are getting bigger here 

by the month. I just added 25 more tech support queues AND they are
now wanting me to use the CF URL link ability to tie in a “Resolve” to
linking to version control. Kool, huh? that should a a LOT of fun.

If you figure out how to do that I would like to see a snippet because I
can’t get my head around it. Tried a couple of things but got not nearly
close to what I wanted or expected.

Thanks,

Joop