Missing Assets menus

We upgraded from 4.2.x to 4.4.1 about a month ago. We are now trying to use the in-core Assets functionality but we cannot get any Assets menus or sub-menus to show up, even for the root user. The Assets menu on the main menu bar is not there. There is no Assets link on the Admin menu and when I go to /Admin/Assets I get the following error and stack trace:

error: Can’t call method “children” on an undefined value at /opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/ListMenu line 53.
/opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/ListMenu:53
/opt/rt4/share/html/Admin/Assets/index.html:50
/opt/rt4/share/html/Admin/autohandler:49
/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:696
/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:375
/opt/rt4/share/html/autohandler:53

I can get the /Admin/Assets/Catalogs page but there is no sub-menu on it (ie. Catalogs | Basics | Roles | etc).

Did we miss some make or configuration step? Any ideas where to look?

Thanks, Don

Hi Don,

Do you have any other extensions installed? Or callbacks that would modify the menu structure of RT?

I have only one extension, which is a custom authentication module based on the old RT::Authen::ExternalAuth plugin – so I wouldn’t think that would affect menus.

I have a number of custom callbacks and elements but the only one that affects menus is for the self service interface (giving them more powerful search options). But I will remove all the local callbacks on my test server and see if that makes a difference.

So I removed all my custom callbacks and elements and the Assets menu showed up. Now I can add them back until I break it again. Thanks for your help…I should have done that test before bothering you :blush: