Measuring ticket resolve times with business hours

To keep tabs on our support performance, I use a custom search & RT’s graphing function to calculate average create->resolve time. This, however, is imperfect because it doesn’t take evenings, nights and weekends into account.

Can I somehow measure this more accurately using Business::Hours or the integrated SLA functionality? I have yet to implement SLAs in our RT instance.

Not sure you could do that in TicketSQL and the built in RT graphing of search results. You might need to write a custom script to do the search and then implement the business hours logic and rendering.

Hey,

I wrote an extension that does this. Check out: GitHub - catalyst-cloud/RT-Extension-ElapsedBusinessTime: Calculate elapsed business time for tickets also on CPAN: RT-Extension-ElapsedBusinessTime-0.05 - RT-Extension-ElapsedBusinessTime Extension - metacpan.org

3 Likes

Thanks for writing and sharing the extension. Though it’s been 2 years since you shared it, it’s still relevant. I’m actually new to RT, so it will take me some time to figure out how it works. So, I’m really grateful for your help, guys. You know, I’m 50, and it’s really complicated for me to get to know how new things work. Still, I’ve recently launched my first eCommerce business with the help of https://transformagency.com/. So, it’s never too late to do what you want, though it takes more time than it could take if I were younger.