Mason problems solved, and running rt2 & rt3 happily!

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the help everyone’s given me. I
thought I’d document what I had to go through, in order to get rt3beta
running on the same box as rt2.

First, HTML::Mason:

Tried installing from a package from masonHQ. That install didn’t
install stuff like the Apache::Handler, so rt kept defaulting to the
site_perl version. Of course, rt2 broke when I upgraded mason for rt3.
I then had to downgrade Mason back to 1.05. I copied the
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/HTML directory to /path/to/rt2/lib
using cp -R. I then could update HTML::Mason to 1.19.

Then I tried running rt3 on port 8088 using fastcgi, but I finally gave
up on that because of the way suexec was compiled. So, I restored my
httpd.conf file back to the way it was, and copied it to httpdrt3.conf.
I put the rt3 specific information into that file, and removed the
"normal" webserver port 80 and rt2’s port 8080 stuff. I then started a
new instance of apache from the command line with httpd -f

Now I can play with rt3! Whoo Hoo!

Hope this helps someone else save some serious head pounding!