Mason going CRAZY

I just migrated everything over to a new server, running Fedora Core 2,
and I am now experiencing an odd problem on all of the RT instances I
have running (via FastCGI)

RT (3.2.1) works just fine until you select to reply, resolve, comment
on a ticket. Once you drill down to that level, it seems to send the
mason_handler.fcgi off in to no-man’s land and it gobbles up all of the
available CPU until the system crawls. The page never gets drawn and
the only way out is to kill off that mason_handler or restart the webserver.

This is pretty odd since, on the older system (running FC1) it worked
just fine. Of course, I am probably running older perl modules on
there, but the installation was literally copied from one machine to the
other… wait… should I recompile everything just in case?

Ideas/comments are more than welcome!


Richard West $14.95 Registrations
Wesmo Computer Services .com .net .org .tv .cc
Full Domain & Web Hosting .BIZ .INFO & MORE!!

Hrmm… I tried recompiling Mod_FastCGI and got the same results. Grrr…

This is just bizarre and I am pretty much at a loss as to what else to
try… The darned thing hangs at the same point in every ticket (it
begins drawing the form for the reply, but never completes…)… :frowning:


Just for the record, I found the problem. :slight_smile:

I saw that the webserver was logging the following continuously:

[Tue Oct 12 10:49:37 2004] [error] [client] FastCGI: server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" stderr: DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
Table ‘rt3.Attributes’ doesn’t exist at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/ line 478.

And that got me thinking… so I checked the database, and
low-and-behold, that table was not there (it wasn’t there on the old
server either). I rummaged throught the etc/upgrade directory and found
that, with 3.1.0, the attributes table was created. So, I implemented
the sql upgrade which created the table, and viola! It works! Thank


Rich West wrote: