Make initialize-databse error

All dependencies met on RT5 install.
Ran make install without errors.
Ran make initialize-database and it generated the following:

[root@wds-cpanel rt-5.0.0]# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt5/local/lib -I/opt/rt5/lib sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on localhost (port ‘’) as root
Please specify that user’s database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type: mysql
Host: localhost
Port:
Name: rt5
User: rt_user
DBA: root
Now creating a mysql database rt5 for RT.
Done.
Now populating database schema.
[4481] [Fri Oct 30 17:11:17 2020] [critical]: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘Groups (
id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Name varchar(200) NULL ,
De’ at line 1 at /tmp/rt-5.0.0/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 548. (/tmp/rt-5.0.0/sbin/…/lib/RT.pm:409)
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘Groups (
id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Name varchar(200) NULL ,
De’ at line 1 at /tmp/rt-5.0.0/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 548.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 9

So it was able to create the db, but not alter the schema. I’ve installed the following package for MySQL and it went off without a hitch, so not sure where the issue lies.
mysql80-community-release-el7-3.noarch.rpm

Are you using MySQL8? It isn’t supported yet because “Groups” was made a reserved word believe

dang it…missed that tidbit of info.
So Ive removed the packaged v8 install along with all dependencies and installed 5.7
Not entirely sure where to go from here. The 5.7 version is operational, but now I’m getting

[root@wds-cpanel rt-5.0.0]# make initalize-database
make: *** No rule to make target `initalize-database’. Stop.

Ran make fixdeps and of course the dependency for DBD::MySQL is in play

MYSQL dependencies:
DBD::mysql … MISSING (have 4.050)

Attempt to reload DBD/mysql.pm aborted.

So while it appears my install for 4.050 did go through, it isn’t registering with RT. What might I be missing now?

I’d reinstall the DBD::mysql since you have a new version of MySQL installed. My guess is it isn’t configured with the new version installed?