Mail response problem


#1

I’ve just set up rt v1.0.6 on a solaris 2.6 box, and I’m running
into a peculiar problem. Requests are being created without problems,
a response is generated to the submitter, and it shows up in the
queue when viewed via web page. However, when a message is replied
to that includes the requisite RT mail tags, it doesn’t add this
to the queue for that request, it generates a new request, with new
request # and everything.

ANy ideas what’s going on? I"m using qmail as the deliver agent,
perl version 5.004_04, mysql 10.8, 3.23.22-beta distro, with
the DBs on a different server, but same os.

Thanks. chris


| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |
| fabric@northwestern.edu | Telecommunications and Network Services |
| 847-467-2539 | http://www.nsg.northwestern.edu |
||_________________|


#2

I’ve seen this one before. I suspect that there’s a space in $rtname in etc/config.pm, possibly at the end.

    JesseOn Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 02:08:46PM -0600, Chris Fabri wrote:

I’ve just set up rt v1.0.6 on a solaris 2.6 box, and I’m running
into a peculiar problem. Requests are being created without problems,
a response is generated to the submitter, and it shows up in the
queue when viewed via web page. However, when a message is replied
to that includes the requisite RT mail tags, it doesn’t add this
to the queue for that request, it generates a new request, with new
request # and everything.

ANy ideas what’s going on? I"m using qmail as the deliver agent,
perl version 5.004_04, mysql 10.8, 3.23.22-beta distro, with
the DBs on a different server, but same os.

Thanks. chris


| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |
| fabric@northwestern.edu | Telecommunications and Network Services |
| 847-467-2539 | http://www.nsg.northwestern.edu |
||_________________|


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

jesse reed vincent – root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90

I’m reasonably sure that at least two of the electric blue kangeroos
I saw were real.


#3

Thanks Jesse, this is exactly the problem. Specifically, it appears
a tab is instered after the tag string. Removed it, and now it’s
working fine. chris

Jesse wrote:

I’ve seen this one before. I suspect that there’s a space in $rtname in etc/config.pm, possibly at the end.

    Jesse

I’ve just set up rt v1.0.6 on a solaris 2.6 box, and I’m running
into a peculiar problem. Requests are being created without problems,
a response is generated to the submitter, and it shows up in the
queue when viewed via web page. However, when a message is replied
to that includes the requisite RT mail tags, it doesn’t add this
to the queue for that request, it generates a new request, with new
request # and everything.

ANy ideas what’s going on? I"m using qmail as the deliver agent,
perl version 5.004_04, mysql 10.8, 3.23.22-beta distro, with
the DBs on a different server, but same os.

Thanks. chris


| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |
| fabric@northwestern.edu | Telecommunications and Network Services |
| 847-467-2539 | http://www.nsg.northwestern.edu |
||_________________|


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users


jesse reed vincent – root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90

I’m reasonably sure that at least two of the electric blue kangeroos
I saw were real.


| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |
| fabric@northwestern.edu | Telecommunications and Network Services |
| 847-467-2539 | http://www.nsg.northwestern.edu |
||_________________|