Looking for a Help Desk Software

Hi Everyone,
Remote work is really getting really hard for me to manage everything at my work. I work in the customer support division of our company and ever since this remote work started it has become a little bit harder for me to manage all the client requests that is coming in now, we are getting so many than before. I have requested my manager to adopt a help desk software to simplify our tasks and help us manage all the tickets that is coming in. So anyway now i am looking for a help desk software that we can adopt and save us from our ticketing worries. I have looked at some and though i could go for an experienced opinion on this matter. It would be better if we could get one that is based on SharePoint environment, that way it would be more safe and migration will become easy for us. Something much like this Help Desk Software is what i am looking for. We need to be managing all these tickets without any issue or losing one in transition. Since we already have one on SharePoint, a solution built on SharePoint would a much better way for us to migrate without any hassles.

One of the main feature we are looking for is something that can replace the manual ticket creation process and have automatic ticket creation in place, since manual ticket creation for a lot of incoming requests has the risks of data loss. Also automatic notifications to the team when a new ticket is created, so that the team can start working on it as soon as it comes in. And with notifications we can keep track of the tickets right, that way we can ensure the proper handling of a ticket. While we are looking for more features we do not want the solution impossible for our team to understand and work with, i mean who has the time to deal with a long time training process. And most importantly security, we know something about SharePoint permission levels, obviously these will be implemented in the solution we are looking for. And of course we are looking for a solution that assigns these tickets as tasks to users, obviously task management is also an expected feature.

Thanks in Advance for your insights.

I wouldn’t want to build a ticketing system on top of SharePoint rather than a proper database. I’ve seen too much flakey behaviour from SharePoint over the years to trust it myself.

However if you’re wedded to that idea, then I’m guessing RT isn’t for you as it is based on the use of proper transactional database engines, so you might not get much joy from this forum.