Login Error and External Auth problem

I am running Debian Lenny, 64b server, 3.8.9 RT and everything seemed to install fine. I noticed this error after trying to get external auth working.

“We opened /dev/null to protect FD #1, but descriptor #1 is already occupied at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 78. (/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:78)”

I get that error on every failed login. I have since removed my external auth settings to try and resolve it and can’t get it to go away. I can login with root just fine.

My second problem (if the above is a non-issue or can be resolved) is getting external auth loaded. It didn’t seem to load. I installed it via cpan, changed my settings in /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm. I then added a require line in /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm, along with adding it to the set plugin line. Restarted apache and I can login as root and look at the config and it shows the plugin loaded, it doesn’t seem to be called though. A failed login doesn’t mention anything about calling it or being a failed ldap login. I run tcpdump alongside and it isn’t querying my ldap server at all. Help is appreciated. Here is my RT_SiteConfig.pm, let me know if you need anything else:

Set( $rtname, ‘server.name.com’);
Set($Organization, ‘name.com’);
Set($CorrespondAddress , ‘esworkorder@name.com’);
Set($CommentAddress , ‘escomment@name.com’);
Set($Timezone, “EST”); # obviously choose what suits you

Set($DatabaseUser , ‘rt123’);
Set($DatabasePassword , ‘rt123’);
Set($DatabaseName , ‘cdc124asv_rt123’); # Ensure this is set to rt3!
Set($DatabaseHost, ‘mysql.name.com’);

Set($WebPath , “/rt”);
Set($WebBaseURL , “http://server.name.com”);

require “/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm”;
Set(@Plugins, (qw(RT::Extension::MobileUI RT::Extension::LDAPImport RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete RT::FM)));
Set($LDAPHost,‘dc.name.com’);
Set($LDAPUser, 'ldapuser);
Set($LDAPPassword, ‘ldappass’);
Set($LDAPBase, ‘OU=departments,dc=domain,dc=name,dc=com’);
Set($LDAPFilter, ‘(&(objectClass=user)(objectClass=*))’);
Set($LDAPMapping, {Name => ‘sAMAccountName’,
EmailAddress => ‘mail’,
RealName => ‘cn’,
MobilePhone => ‘mobile’,
WorkPhone => ‘telephoneNumber’,
Organization => ‘department’,
FreeformContactInfo => ‘title’});
Set($LDAPUpdateUsers,1);

1;

My second problem (if the above is a non-issue or can be resolved) is getting external auth
loaded. It didn’t seem to load. I installed it via cpan, changed my settings in
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm. I then added a require
line in /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm, along with adding it to the set plugin line. Restarted
apache and I can login as root and look at the config and it shows the plugin loaded, it
doesn’t seem to be called though. A failed login doesn’t mention anything about calling it or
being a failed ldap login. I run tcpdump alongside and it isn’t querying my ldap server at
all. Help is appreciated. Here is my RT_SiteConfig.pm, let me know if you need anything
else:

Which version of RT::Authen::ExternalAuth did you install?
There have been a few posts on the mailing list about ensuring you use
the development version with 3.8.9

-kevin

Looks like I am using .08. To install the dev version I just need to follow the SVN install instructions?-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:26 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Login Error and External Auth problem

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 09:23:01PM -0500, Jason Ledford wrote:

My second problem (if the above is a non-issue or can be resolved) is getting external auth
loaded. It didn’t seem to load. I installed it via cpan, changed my settings in
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm. I then added a require
line in /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm, along with adding it to the set plugin line. Restarted
apache and I can login as root and look at the config and it shows the plugin loaded, it
doesn’t seem to be called though. A failed login doesn’t mention anything about calling it or
being a failed ldap login. I run tcpdump alongside and it isn’t querying my ldap server at
all. Help is appreciated. Here is my RT_SiteConfig.pm, let me know if you need anything
else:

Which version of RT::Authen::ExternalAuth did you install?
There have been a few posts on the mailing list about ensuring you use the development version with 3.8.9

-kevin

Yep, that did it.

As for the rest of my problem, is that a harmless error?
“We opened /dev/null to protect FD #1, but descriptor #1 is already occupied at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 78. (/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:78)”

I noticed that I get it when just opening the page, no login or anything.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Jason Ledford
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:34 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Login Error and External Auth problem

Looks like I am using .08. To install the dev version I just need to follow the SVN install instructions?

Yep, that did it.

As for the rest of my problem, is that a harmless error?

I noticed that I get it when just opening the page, no login or anything.

It’s harmless under specific conditions. I suspect you’re using
mod_perl2. Read comment near line 78 in webmux.pl file. If it’s
mod_perl with prefork MPM then I recommend to use SetHandler modperl
instead of SetHandler perl-script in your apache config. This error
should go away and as well as problems with multiple timezones support
in the web ui.

Also, issue is fixed in mod_perl 2.0.5

Best regards, Ruslan.