Localization Problems RT 3.2.2 and 3.4.0

Hi,

I’ve decided to upgrade our RT 3.0.7. I tried 3.2.2 and then 3.4.0 but
having the same problems with the localization on both.

We use the German and Hungarian localizations, both showing the same
behaviour.

  1. On the ‘RT at a glance’ page the list of 10 newest unowned tickets is
    broken, all entries are shown in one line. The problem seems to be the
    localization of the ‘Take’ link, which does not appear at all in German
    or Hungarian. If I change that string to something without accented
    characters (in hu.po or de.po), the list looks normal again.

  2. The ticket status in the list popping up after clicking on a queue
    name in the Quick Search block is in English. All other occurences of
    the status are translated, as far as I can tell.

  3. A more general question regarding the Hungarian translation: we did
    the first hu.po file and as we also would like to keep using RT, we are
    planning to upgrade it at least once a year. However the hu.po file came
    with empty translations in 3.2.2 and 3.4.0 which does not really make
    our life easier. How could we help to keep this file up to date?

Thanks,

Peter

VAJK� P�ter Astron Informatikai Kft

Hi,

  1. On the ‘RT at a glance’ page the list of 10 newest unowned tickets is
    broken, all entries are shown in one line. The problem seems to be the
    localization of the ‘Take’ link, which does not appear at all in German
    or Hungarian. If I change that string to something without accented
    characters (in hu.po or de.po), the list looks normal again.

What version of perl are you using?

  1. The ticket status in the list popping up after clicking on a queue
    name in the Quick Search block is in English. All other occurences of
    the status are translated, as far as I can tell.

3.2 definitely had some issues. I’d thought that 3.4 was better on this
point. Can you describe exactly where you’re seeing this issue? (I can’t
quite reproduce it)

  1. A more general question regarding the Hungarian translation: we did
    the first hu.po file and as we also would like to keep using RT, we are
    planning to upgrade it at least once a year. However the hu.po file came
    with empty translations in 3.2.2 and 3.4.0 which does not really make
    our life easier. How could we help to keep this file up to date?

What you should do is:

cd /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N/
cp hu.po hu.po.orig
Edit hu.po to add the new translations
diff -u hu.po.orig hu.po > hu.po.patch
Send email to rt-bugs@fsck.com with hu.po.patch.

Thanks!

Best,
Jesse

quite reproduce it)

  1. A more general question regarding the Hungarian translation: we did
    the first hu.po file and as we also would like to keep using RT, we are
    planning to upgrade it at least once a year. However the hu.po file came
    with empty translations in 3.2.2 and 3.4.0 which does not really make
    our life easier. How could we help to keep this file up to date?

Oh. you meant that it’s entirely blank. That’s just not right. Looks
like a bug when merging 3.0 forward to 3.2. So, before using the
instructions below, copy the hu.po from RT 3.0 to RT 3.4, then

make regenerate-catalogs to refresh it with all the new translations.

Hi Jesse,

What version of perl are you using?
5.8.4-5 (Debian Sarge). I seem to have problems with accented characters
only in this ‘newest unowned tickets’ list.

3.2 definitely had some issues. I’d thought that 3.4 was better on this
point. Can you describe exactly where you’re seeing this issue? (I can’t
quite reproduce it)
Ok, I’m testing this with the stock rt-3.4.0, browser language settings
are German.

On the ‘RT at a glance’ (RT auf einem Blick) page on the right I have a
Quick Search (Schnellsuche) block with a list of my queues and how many
open and new tickets I have in each.

When I now click on the queue name, I get a list of the open and new
tickets in the queue. However, the status of these tickets is not
translated into German, I still see ‘open’ and ‘new’ (bad). Same happens
when I use the Query Builder to get the tickets of the queue (I see
’resolved’, ‘stalled’, etc.).

When I view a ticket (click on the subject or ticket # in the ticket
list to view the details) I see the translated status information
(correct). The Query Builder dropdown menus also show the correct
translated status texts.

I’m going to email the hu.po.patch to rt-bugs@fsck.com once I get these
localization issues resolved.

Thanks,

VAJK� P�ter Astron Informatikai Kft

When I now click on the queue name, I get a list of the open
and new
tickets in the queue. However, the status of these tickets is
not
translated into German, I still see ‘open’ and ‘new’ (bad).
Same happens
when I use the Query Builder to get the tickets of the queue
(I see
’resolved’, ‘stalled’, etc.).

Got it. We’re having some weird issues with localization and the search
result listing. I’m waiting on my loc expert to resurface.