I wanted to report that this past weekend I upgraded DBD::mysql to 3.0000
as part of a small upgrade sweep (updated spam
filtering and some other things as well). When work resumed yesterday, we
began experiencing some odd issues. Our RT is 3.2.3
on perl 5.8.6. Our Apache is 1.3.33.
What was reported to me by users was:
- New tickets were opening fine
- Correspondance (Reply) was making it in to the database, but not being
- Time worked was being notated, but not added to the running total (Time
What I noticed was:
- sendmail looked fine, * The httpd child process was segfaulting
I’ve actually had a parallel copy of RT 3.4 sitting in an alternate
directory for quite a bit (but missing my /WIDTH hack if
anyone remembers that from a few months back; haven’t had time to figure
out how to reproduce that in RT 3.4 yet) and I tried
migrating to that and found the problem was even worse. In most cases,
with RT 3.4, the home page would not even load up.
It was after rolling back to DBD::mysql 2.9008 that all issues went away.
I wanted to report this to the group in hopes that:
- Others could verify problem(s) with DBD::mysql 3.0000, and
- Those smarter than I could possibly resolve whatever issues are raised
by the new version
If I can provide any additional information or testing, feel free to email