Issues on RT 3.8.1

You missed a step.

Per Ruslan yesterday:
a_session column is longtext what is WRONG and means that you HAVN’T
upgraded correctly.

Read UPGRADING.mysql, this column must be LONGBLOB.

Shannon Adams wrote:

RT 3.8.1
mysql version - 4.1.20-log
Fedora Core 4

SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions; shows:
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create Table |
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sessions | CREATE TABLE sessions (
id varchar(32) NOT NULL default ‘’,
a_session longtext,
LastUpdated timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments; shows:

±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create Table |
±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachments | CREATE TABLE Attachments (
id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
TransactionId int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Parent int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
MessageId varchar(160) default NULL,
Subject varchar(255) default NULL,
Filename varchar(255) default NULL,
ContentType varchar(80) default NULL,
ContentEncoding varchar(80) default NULL,
Content longtext,
Headers longtext,
Creator int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Created datetime default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY Attachments2 (TransactionId),
KEY Attachments3 (Parent,TransactionId)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.19 sec)

Thanks,
Shannon

once again, send us results of "SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;"
and “SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments;”

send us results of “SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;”

I am also having the same “Logout/Login” issues as described above. The
are no errors reported on the debug.log or the access/error logs. This
only happened after I upgraded from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1. It seems as one
changes links from Home to Simple Search or Tools, the application will
log you out at random. I have tried all the fixes suggested here with
no avail. This is happening with Firefox, IE and Safari. Any ideas?


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to put
password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied for
user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO) Can’t continue test
t/20createdrop…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied for
user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue test
Thanks!On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Ruslan Zakirov ruz@bestpractical.comwrote:

yep, but it’s ‘install DBD::mysql’

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM, David Svejda david.svejda@netfriends.cz wrote:

rmp dmd wrote:

Thanks for the help David. Apologies for my simple questions as I do
not have any knowledge on CPAN.

I run below but upgrade is not an available command on CPAN shell.

Error:
Unknown command ‘upgrade’. Type ? for help.

What do I need to run to upgrade?

It seems you have older version of CPAN, never mind. Try ‘install
DB::mysql’ instead of ‘upgrade DB::mysql’, it should recognize newer
version available and install (upgrade) it.

David


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to
put password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied
for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO) Can’t continue test t/20createdrop…skipped all skipped:
ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’
mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue test
Thanks!

Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the Makefile.PL and find
"–testuser", you’ll see the other options.

Go to your cpan directory (typically ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-/ and run:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser= --testpassword=

then try to install it again.

David

Thanks, Drew. When I run:
perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pw > sql.queries
I get:
DBD::mysql version 4.002 required–this is only version 2.9007 at etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.

How do I upgrade DBD::mysql to version 4.002?From: Drew Barnes barnesaw@ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
To: Shannon Adams shannon_adams68@yahoo.com
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:52:21 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Issues on RT 3.8.1

You missed a step.

Per Ruslan yesterday:
a_session column is longtext what is WRONG and means that you HAVN’T
upgraded correctly.

Read UPGRADING.mysql, this column must be LONGBLOB.

Shannon Adams wrote:

RT 3.8.1
mysql version - 4.1.20-log
Fedora Core 4

SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions; shows:
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create Table |
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sessions | CREATE TABLE sessions (
id varchar(32) NOT NULL default ‘’,
a_session longtext,
LastUpdated timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±---------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments; shows:

±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create Table |
±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachments | CREATE TABLE Attachments (
id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
TransactionId int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Parent int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
MessageId varchar(160) default NULL,
Subject varchar(255) default NULL,
Filename varchar(255) default NULL,
ContentType varchar(80) default NULL,
ContentEncoding varchar(80) default NULL,
Content longtext,
Headers longtext,
Creator int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Created datetime default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY Attachments2 (TransactionId),
KEY Attachments3 (Parent,TransactionId)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±------------±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.19 sec)

Thanks,
Shannon

once again, send us results of "SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;"
and “SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments;”

send us results of “SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;”

I am also having the same “Logout/Login” issues as described above. The
are no errors reported on the debug.log or the access/error logs. This
only happened after I upgraded from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1. It seems as one
changes links from Home to Simple Search or Tools, the application will
log you out at random. I have tried all the fixes suggested here with
no avail. This is happening with Firefox, IE and Safari. Any ideas?


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati

Thanks, Drew. When I run:
perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pw > sql.queries
I get:
DBD::mysql version 4.002 required–this is only version 2.9007 at
etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/
schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.

How do I upgrade DBD::mysql to version 4.002?

sudo cpan DBD::mysql

just my 2c!On Do, 2008-08-28 at 18:45 -0700, Jesse Vincent wrote:

How do I upgrade DBD::mysql to version 4.002?

sudo cpan DBD::mysql

but for a real world site it is not as simple as that,
on RPM based system the package perl-DBD-mysql is often
required by the mysql packages.

So of course I can install the CPAN package over the
rpm, but with the next update of the rpm package
this will be overwritten.

Or I can exclude perl-DBD-mysql from updates

Or I can install everything by hand with tar-balls

but there are a lot of other hosts waiting and I don’t
want to care about each host individually.

So it would be nice if you consider the real world
environments of the RT user out there.

best regards (and thanks for the schema update which
worked like a charm after installation)

best regards!

sven

So it would be nice if you consider the real world
environments of the RT user out there.

Unfortunately, we can’t always keep our version requirements at those
pre-packaged by every vendor. In this case, we’re talking about a
major new release that’s over 18 months old that has features we
needed to be able to write the migration tools :confused:

this is the sort of thing shipwright is designed to solve. But that
will also mean that you’re using a non-vendor-packaged set of
dependencies.

but for a real world site it is not as simple as that,
on RPM based system the package perl-DBD-mysql is often
required by the mysql packages.

So of course I can install the CPAN package over the
rpm, but with the next update of the rpm package
this will be overwritten.

Are you sure? On Debian and its derived distributions, CPAN
installations happen in a different location from the packaged
modules, so CPAN installed modules will be found first, and are not
overwritten on package upgrade. I would have thought the same was
true of RPM distros.

You might also want to consider downloading the source RPM and
updating it to use a more recent DBD::mysql. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Tim

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.

Running FC4. cpan DBD::mysql shows:

Test Summary Report
t/40blobs (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
Non-zero exit status: 255
Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=34, Tests=6, 3 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr 0.21 sys + 1.74 cusr 0.85 csys = 2.86 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/34 test programs. 0/6 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.008.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make test – NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
reports CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.008.tar.gz
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won’t install without force

Any idea why it won’t install?

Thanks,
ShannonFrom: Jesse Vincent jesse@bestpractical.com
To: Shannon Adams shannon_adams68@yahoo.com
Cc: Drew Barnes barnesaw@ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:45:28 PM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Issues on RT 3.8.1

Thanks, Drew. When I run:
perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pw > sql.queries
I get:
DBD::mysql version 4.002 required–this is only version 2.9007 at
etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/
schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.

How do I upgrade DBD::mysql to version 4.002?

sudo cpan DBD::mysql

----- Original Message ----
From: Drew Barnes barnesaw@ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
To: Shannon Adams shannon_adams68@yahoo.com
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:52:21 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Issues on RT 3.8.1

You missed a step.

Per Ruslan yesterday:
a_session column is longtext what is WRONG and means that you HAVN’T
upgraded correctly.

Read UPGRADING.mysql, this column must be LONGBLOB.

Shannon Adams wrote:

RT 3.8.1
mysql version - 4.1.20-log
Fedora Core 4

SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions; shows:
±---------
+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create
Table
|
±---------
+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sessions | CREATE TABLE sessions (
id varchar(32) NOT NULL default ‘’,
a_session longtext,
LastUpdated timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on
update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±---------
+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments; shows:

±------------
±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Create
Table
|
±------------
±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachments | CREATE TABLE Attachments (
id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
TransactionId int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Parent int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
MessageId varchar(160) default NULL,
Subject varchar(255) default NULL,
Filename varchar(255) default NULL,
ContentType varchar(80) default NULL,
ContentEncoding varchar(80) default NULL,
Content longtext,
Headers longtext,
Creator int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
Created datetime default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY Attachments2 (TransactionId),
KEY Attachments3 (Parent,TransactionId)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
±------------
±-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.19 sec)

Thanks,
Shannon

once again, send us results of "SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;"
and “SHOW CREATE TABLE Attachments;”

send us results of “SHOW CREATE TABLE sessions;”

I am also having the same “Logout/Login” issues as described
above. The
are no errors reported on the debug.log or the access/error
logs. This
only happened after I upgraded from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1. It seems as
one
changes links from Home to Simple Search or Tools, the
application will
log you out at random. I have tried all the fixes suggested here
with
no avail. This is happening with Firefox, IE and Safari. Any
ideas?


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly
Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

It seems that it creating new ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql- everytime
install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is overwritten.

Any other way?On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM, David Svejda david.svejda@netfriends.czwrote:

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to
put password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied
for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO) Can’t continue test t/20createdrop…skipped all skipped:
ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’
mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue test
Thanks!

Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the Makefile.PL and find
"–testuser", you’ll see the other options.

Go to your cpan directory (typically ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-/ and run:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser= --testpassword=

then try to install it again.

David

It seems that it creating new ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql- everytime
install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is overwritten.

Any other way?
cd ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to
put password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied
for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO) Can’t continue test t/20createdrop…skipped all skipped:
ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’
mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue test
Thanks!

Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the Makefile.PL and find
"–testuser", you’ll see the other options.

Go to your cpan directory (typically ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-/ and run:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser= --testpassword=

then try to install it again.

David


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

Thank you very much.

Does this process take times?

I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test

and its been on

t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
for quite a while

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM, rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com wrote:

It seems that it creating new ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql- everytime
install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is overwritten.

Any other way?
cd ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM, David Svejda < david.svejda@netfriends.cz> wrote:

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to
put password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied
for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using
password:

NO) Can’t continue test t/20createdrop…skipped all
skipped:

ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’
mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue test
Thanks!

Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the Makefile.PL and find
"–testuser", you’ll see the other options.

Go to your cpan directory (typically ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-/ and run:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser= --testpassword=

then try to install it again.

David


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

Hi,

Just want to follow-up on this.

when I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx #make
#make test

its getting error “all skipped: ERROR: Unknown database ‘test’ Can’t
continue test
t/20createdrop…skipped”

when I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3 #make
#make test

it will just stay on

t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
I waited for couple of hours but nothing is hapeening. I also tried
changing the testdb to other databases.

Please help on how to proceed.

Thanks!
RoehlOn Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM, rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you very much.

Does this process take times?

I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test

and its been on

t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
for quite a while

  • Roehl

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ruslan Zakirov ruz@bestpractical.comwrote:

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM, rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com wrote:

It seems that it creating new ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-
everytime
install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is overwritten.

Any other way?
cd ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM, David Svejda < david.svejda@netfriends.cz> wrote:

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,

Im getting errors when I run ‘install DBD::mysql’. Is there a way to
put password when runinng ‘install DBD::mysql’.

Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx

t/10connect…skipped all skipped: ERROR: Access denied
for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using
password:

NO) Can’t continue test t/20createdrop…skipped all
skipped:

ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost’
mailto:‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO). Can’t continue
test

Thanks!

Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the Makefile.PL and find
"–testuser", you’ll see the other options.

Go to your cpan directory (typically ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-/ and run:

perl Makefile.PL --testuser= --testpassword=

then try to install it again.

David


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

Basically you need to make a database called ‘test’ which is somewhat
standard for mysql installations, these scripts will run a series of
tests like creating tables and trying different kinds of queries, it
wouldn’t be a good idea to try it on a production database. Make sure
the user has rights to the database.

Curtis

rmp dmd wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I did create a testdb and grant ALL privileges to user. Run the make but
still stock on
t/55utf8…ok
t/60leaks…skipped
all skipped: Skip $ENV{SLOW_TESTS} is not set
t/65types…ok
t/70takeimp…skipped
all skipped: This test is disabled
t/71impdata…skipped
all skipped: This test is disabled
t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
It has been a while and still stock. I don’t know if it’s progressing or
not.

Thanks!
RoehlOn Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Curtis Bruneau curtisb@vianet.ca wrote:

Basically you need to make a database called ‘test’ which is somewhat
standard for mysql installations, these scripts will run a series of tests
like creating tables and trying different kinds of queries, it wouldn’t be a
good idea to try it on a production database. Make sure the user has rights
to the database.

Curtis

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,
Just want to follow-up on this.
when I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx
#make
#make test
its getting error "all skipped: ERROR: Unknown database ‘test’ Can’t
continue test
t/20createdrop…skipped"
when I run
#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test
it will just stay on t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
I waited for couple of hours but nothing is hapeening. I also tried
changing the testdb to other databases.
Please help on how to proceed.
Thanks!
Roehl
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM, rmp dmd <rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com<mailto: rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thank you very much.
Does this process take times?
I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test
and its been on
t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
for quite a while
- Roehl
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com mailto:ruz@bestpractical.com> wrote:

   On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM, rmp dmd <rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com <mailto:rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com>> wrote:
   > It seems that it creating new
   ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-<version> everytime
   > install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is
   overwritten.
   >
   > Any other way?
   cd ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-<version>
   perl Makefile.PL ...
   make
   make test
   make install

   >
   >
   > On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:56 AM, David Svejda <david.svejda@netfriends.cz <mailto:david.svejda@netfriends.cz>> wrote:
   >>
   >> rmp dmd wrote:
   >> > Hi,
   >> >
   >> > Im getting errors when I run 'install DBD::mysql'.  Is
   there a way to
   >> > put password when runinng 'install DBD::mysql'.
   >> >
   >> > Basically put this mysql -uroot -pxxxx
   >> >
   >> > t/10connect.................skipped all skipped: ERROR:
   Access denied
   >> > for user 'root'@'localhost' <mailto:'root'@'localhost'>
   (using password:
   >> > NO) Can't continue test
   t/20createdrop..............skipped all skipped:
   >> > ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
   >> > <mailto:'root'@'localhost'> (using password: NO). Can't
   continue test
   >> > Thanks!
   >>
   >> Make some changes in your Makefile. Look into the
   Makefile.PL and find
   >> "--testuser", you'll see the other options.
   >>
   >> Go to your cpan directory (typically
   ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-<version
   >> etc.>/ and run:
   >>
   >> perl Makefile.PL --testuser=<username> --testpassword=<pwd>
   >>
   >> then try to install it again.
   >>
   >>
   >> David
   >>
   >>
   >
   >
   > _______________________________________________
   > http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users
   >
   > Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
   <http://wiki.bestpractical.com/>
   > Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com
   <mailto:sales@bestpractical.com>
   >
   >
   > Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from
   O'Reilly Media.
   > Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com
   <http://rtbook.bestpractical.com/>
   >



   --
   Best regards, Ruslan.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media. Buy a
copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Hi,

still need help. The install of DBD:mysql just hang on

t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24

any ideas.

Thanks!
RoehlOn Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:45 AM, rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I did create a testdb and grant ALL privileges to user. Run the make but
still stock on
t/55utf8…ok
t/60leaks…skipped
all skipped: Skip $ENV{SLOW_TESTS} is not set
t/65types…ok
t/70takeimp…skipped
all skipped: This test is disabled
t/71impdata…skipped
all skipped: This test is disabled
t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
It has been a while and still stock. I don’t know if it’s progressing or
not.

Thanks!
Roehl

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Curtis Bruneau curtisb@vianet.ca wrote:

Basically you need to make a database called ‘test’ which is somewhat
standard for mysql installations, these scripts will run a series of tests
like creating tables and trying different kinds of queries, it wouldn’t be a
good idea to try it on a production database. Make sure the user has rights
to the database.

Curtis

rmp dmd wrote:

Hi,
Just want to follow-up on this.
when I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx
#make
#make test
its getting error "all skipped: ERROR: Unknown database ‘test’ Can’t
continue test
t/20createdrop…skipped"
when I run
#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test
it will just stay on t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
I waited for couple of hours but nothing is hapeening. I also tried
changing the testdb to other databases.
Please help on how to proceed.
Thanks!
Roehl
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM, rmp dmd <rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com<mailto: rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thank you very much.
Does this process take times?
I run

#perl Makefile.PL --testuser=root --testpassword=xxxx --testdb=rt3
#make
#make test
and its been on
t/75supported_sql…ok
t/76multi_statement…ok 1/24
for quite a while
- Roehl
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com mailto:ruz@bestpractical.com> wrote:

   On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM, rmp dmd <rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com <mailto:rmp.dmd1229@gmail.com>> wrote:
   > It seems that it creating new
   ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-<version> everytime
   > install DBD::mysql is run. The changes on Makefile.PL is
   overwritten.
   >
   > Any other way?
   cd ~/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-<version>
   perl Makefile.PL ...
   make
   make test
   make install