Issue with redirecting responses to external email addresses

Hello,

I have a production RT instance. It was updated autumn last year from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5. A client is now complaining that when he creates a ticket with a gmail address by sending an email, when people respond to that ticket he gets no notifications. This he had in the past apparently. This happens in a particular queue. In other queues there isn’t this issue.

Now looking at the logs I see the following:

[2494382] [Fri Apr 12 12:55:56 2024] [info]: <rt-5.0.5-2494382-1712926556-978.243584-47-0@MY.DOMAIN> xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com is blacklisted because autogenerated messages are configured to only be sent to privileged users (RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages). Skipping (/MY_RT_PATH/rt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:910)

Indeed, in global config this parameter is set to “privileged”. But I don’t understand why in all the other queues this problem does not exist… Could someone please lend me a hand in order to figure out why this particular queue is blocking the responses to external email addresses?

Just to check: this user does actually have the exact xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com as the Email address in his RT user record? And not some variation such as xxxxxxxxxx@googlemail.com or xxxxxxxxxx@domain-hosted-by-gmail.com?

Hello,
No, this user has the standard @gmail.com domain in his email