I have done the same upgrade (3.8.0 -> 3.8.1) with the following steps:
- backup the old rt3 database with mysqldump
- unpack rt-3.8.1.tar.gz
- ./configure and make testdeps (everything was ok)
- in the source directory of rt 3.8.1 run: perl etc/upgrade/
schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pass > sql.queries
- run: mysql -u root -p rt3 < sql.queries
- make upgrade
- /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
After that every non iso8859-1 character was wrong (like CF descriptions,
What should I do to solve this problem and what information do you need?
I am using MySQL 5.0.51. With command line mysql client everythins seems
good (for example SELECT Subject FROM Tickets WHERE id =
$ticket_id_of_a_non_iso_subject_ticket) and everything seems utf8 and not
If I change the SET NAMES ‘utf8’ line to SET NAMES ‘latin1’ in
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Handle.pm, everything is fine again,
but I think it’s not a good solution.
BekenyOn Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Geir Skjotskift email@example.com wrote:
Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
Which RT version you used to generate sql.queries? 3.8.0 or 3.8.1?
(this bug was reported in list before 3.8.1 and should be fixed as I
Ok. Thanks. I made the assumption that these files had been upgraded as
and used the ones in the rt3 installation directory. When I used the
ones directly from the tarball everything worked fine. My nordic letters
are back again.
Thank you so much. You have been of great help.
Geir Skjotskift, mnemonic AS Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Wergelandsveien 25 Cell : +47 95 10 51 09
N-0167 Oslo, NORWAY Fax : +47 23 20 47 01
Key A2360FF3 availiable at subkeys.pgp.net
Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: email@example.com
Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com