Issue with forwarding tickets and transactions in RT 5.0.2

We recently upgraded (fresh install of RT 5.0.2 on a new server, migrated the database from RT4.X, ran all the upgrade scripts, etc.) to RT 5.0.2 I am not sure if this was working on our 4.X instance or not.

When a user forwards a ticket or a transaction, the message they add is not included in the email sent, but is recorded in the ticket history.

When I tried to paste the logs here it said new users can only post 2 links, but I tried stripping all of the obvious links from the logs and it still gave me the error, but I am noticing the following error in the apache error log at the same time the RT log shows the forward scrip being run:

usage: html2text [-h] [–default-image-alt DEFAULT_IMAGE_ALT] [–pad-tables]
[–no-wrap-links] [–wrap-list-items] [–ignore-emphasis]
[–reference-links] [–ignore-links] [–protect-links]
[–ignore-images] [–images-as-html] [–images-to-alt]
[–images-with-size] [-g] [-d] [-e] [-b BODY_WIDTH]
[-i LIST_INDENT] [-s] [–escape-all] [–bypass-tables]
[–ignore-tables] [–single-line-break] [–unicode-snob]
[–no-automatic-links] [–no-skip-internal-links]
[–links-after-para] [–mark-code]
[–decode-errors DECODE_ERRORS] [–open-quote OPEN_QUOTE]
[–close-quote CLOSE_QUOTE] [–version]
[filename] [encoding]
html2text: error: unrecognized arguments: -nobs -width

So my thinking is the html2text error is what is causing the message to not be added to the email: “html2text: error: unrecognized arguments: -nobs -width”

But I have no idea where those arguments are being passed to html2text from.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I haven’t tried html2text and don’t have it installed, so I’m not quite sure what’s happening there. I can say that on our RT 5.0.3 server we just upgraded to, the w3m option we’ve specified in RT_SiteConfig.pm seems to be working to forward messages. You might install that and give it a shot.

RT_SiteConfig.pm → Set($HTMLFormatter, w3m);

So I changed to that and it works now, but I don’t actually have w3m installed so it is just using the internal converter and giving a warning about needing to install one.

I installed w3m and it still works without the error.

Thanks!

1 Like

There is a Python module called the same thing I believe HTMLFormatter which gets called instead of the right tool

so its PATH stuff

1 Like

There is this:

Which is wrong, RT should use this:

1 Like