Is it possible to rename the rt database?

We currently have two instances of rt-3.6 (production and testing)
running on the same pc. One is handled by mod_perl and the other by
FastCGI. This has worked fine with separately created databases.

Recently I made a copy of my production database and renamed it from rt3
to rt3-eval. This rt3-eval database mostly works with my test rt3 except
that a lot of links (MyTickets on RT at a glance etc) all point back to
my production site. If I manually enter the correct test web address the
tickets display correctly. I have cleared the mason cache and restarted
the webserver.

Is the web path stored in the database? Is there any way to correctly
rename a database?

thanks
Gordon

I think your problem is not a DB, but RT’s config file. you should
adjust Web* options. Also, make sure test server connects to test
(rt3-eval) DB, check Database* options.On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM, gordon@cryologic.com wrote:

We currently have two instances of rt-3.6 (production and testing)
running on the same pc. One is handled by mod_perl and the other by
FastCGI. This has worked fine with separately created databases.

Recently I made a copy of my production database and renamed it from rt3
to rt3-eval. This rt3-eval database mostly works with my test rt3 except
that a lot of links (MyTickets on RT at a glance etc) all point back to
my production site. If I manually enter the correct test web address the
tickets display correctly. I have cleared the mason cache and restarted
the webserver.

Is the web path stored in the database? Is there any way to correctly
rename a database?

thanks
Gordon


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

My RT_SiteConfig.pm has remained unchanged for the rt-eval site and
points to the correct web location (/rt-eval).

All of my saved searches (copied from production to eval) point to the
wrong web location.

What I have noticed is that if I look at my Saved Searches in the
Advanced Editor the bottom section displays:
href="/rt/Ticket/Display.html
instead of href="/rt-eval/Ticket/Display.html

Is this href value stored as part of the saved search in the database?

Gordon

Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

Yes, it is. And it was a mistake we’ve fixed. In the format of the
saved search use WebPath instead of hardcoded value.On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:00 AM, gordon@cryologic.com wrote:

My RT_SiteConfig.pm has remained unchanged for the rt-eval site and points
to the correct web location (/rt-eval).

All of my saved searches (copied from production to eval) point to the wrong
web location.

What I have noticed is that if I look at my Saved Searches in the Advanced
Editor the bottom section displays:
href="/rt/Ticket/Display.html
instead of href="/rt-eval/Ticket/Display.html

Is this href value stored as part of the saved search in the database?

Gordon

Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

I think your problem is not a DB, but RT’s config file. you should
adjust Web* options. Also, make sure test server connects to test
(rt3-eval) DB, check Database* options.

Best regards, Ruslan.