Install issues

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29.
Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not being
accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help you
build stable MP1 installation.On 9/1/05, Robert Geller rgeller@lnrproperty.com wrote:

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29.
Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not being
accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.On 9/1/05, Robert Geller rgeller@lnrproperty.com wrote:

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed properly,
however I get
Segmentation faults when hitting http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10753 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config, which I
don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

LNR Property Corporation
1601 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33139

(305) 695 - 5400 (office main)
(305) 695 - 5829 (office direct)
(786) 382 - 1102 (cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from mod_perl
and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help you
build stable MP1 installation.

On 9/1/05, Robert Geller rgeller@lnrproperty.com wrote:

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29.
Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

Please, always Cc to rt-lists!

I did it just like the WIKI says under your variation. Not sure if
that’s static or DSO.
Check that in apache error log shows line about mod_perl when server start up.
And send output of the httpd -l.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now,
however Im getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet configured your
web server to “run” the RT server which powers the web interface. The
next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration file to instruct it
to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler. If you need
commercial support, please contact us at sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

-Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config, which
I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29.
Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not
being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_env.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_mime.c
mod_negotiation.c
mod_status.c
mod_include.c
mod_autoindex.c
mod_dir.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_asis.c
mod_imap.c
mod_actions.c
mod_userdir.c
mod_alias.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_so.c
mod_setenvif.c
mod_perl.c

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations

-RobFrom: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:31 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, always Cc to rt-lists!

I did it just like the WIKI says under your variation. Not sure if
that’s static or DSO.
Check that in apache error log shows line about mod_perl when server
start up.
And send output of the httpd -l.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now, however Im
getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to
have installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet
configured your web server to “run” the RT server which powers the web

interface. The next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration
file to instruct it to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi
handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

-Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child
pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config,
which I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using
mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help
you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl
1.29.

Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not
being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi 

-idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from
http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now, however Im
getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to
have installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet
configured your web server to “run” the RT server which powers the web

interface. The next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration
file to instruct it to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi
handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120

    AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
> > > -Robert > > -----Original Message----- > From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com] > Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM > To: Robert Geller > Cc: RT-Users > Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues > > How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build? > > If you built as DSO then this could be a reason. >

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child
pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config,
which I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using
mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help
you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl
1.29.

Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not
being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi 

-idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from
http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_env.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_mime.c
mod_negotiation.c
mod_status.c
mod_include.c
mod_autoindex.c
mod_dir.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_asis.c
mod_imap.c
mod_actions.c
mod_userdir.c
mod_alias.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_so.c
mod_setenvif.c
mod_perl.c
This string mean that you have mod_perl as DSO and that’s why you have
seg faults. You need static build. I think you’ve made something
wrong.

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:31 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, always Cc to rt-lists!

I did it just like the WIKI says under your variation. Not sure if
that’s static or DSO.
Check that in apache error log shows line about mod_perl when server
start up.
And send output of the httpd -l.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now, however Im
getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to
have installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet
configured your web server to “run” the RT server which powers the web

interface. The next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration
file to instruct it to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi
handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

-Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child
pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config,
which I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using
mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help
you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl
1.29.

Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not
being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ /www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

-idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from
http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

This string mean that you have mod_perl as DSO and that’s why you have
seg faults. You need static build. I think you’ve made something wrong.

Currently, I am not having any seg fault issues. I am only having the
"Almost There" issue.
As far as mod_perl as DSO, not sure why that happened following the
intructions on the Wiki.
Would having mod_perl as a DSO cause that issue as well?

-Rob

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:31 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, always Cc to rt-lists!

I did it just like the WIKI says under your variation. Not sure if
that’s static or DSO.
Check that in apache error log shows line about mod_perl when server
start up.
And send output of the httpd -l.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now, however Im
getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to
have installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet
configured your web server to “run” the RT server which powers the
web

interface. The next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration
file to instruct it to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi
handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

-Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child
pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config,
which I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using
mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help

you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl
1.29.

Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not

being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/ 

/www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi 

-idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from
http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

This string mean that you have mod_perl as DSO and that’s why you have
seg faults. You need static build. I think you’ve made something wrong.

Currently, I am not having any seg fault issues. I am only having the
"Almost There" issue.
You’ve got this because of your server config. You have to enable
mod_perl for RT. Your config should look like:

PerlModule Apache::DBI

ServerAdmin root@localhost
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

As far as mod_perl as DSO, not sure why that happened following the
intructions on the Wiki.
Would having mod_perl as a DSO cause that issue as well?
No, mod_perl as DSO only leads to seg faults.

-Rob

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:31 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, always Cc to rt-lists!

I did it just like the WIKI says under your variation. Not sure if
that’s static or DSO.
Check that in apache error log shows line about mod_perl when server
start up.
And send output of the httpd -l.

I am actually able to pull up http://my.site/rt3 now, however Im
getting the generic :

You’re almost there!
You haven’t yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to
have installed RT’s web interface correctly, but haven’t yet
configured your web server to “run” the RT server which powers the
web

interface. The next step is to edit your webserver’s configuration
file to instruct it to use RT’s mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi
handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at
sales@bestpractical.com.
Please, show RT part of your httpd.conf.

-Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

How did you build mod_perl? As DSO? Or is it static build?

If you built as DSO then this could be a reason.

Well, I re-did everything, and I think I got modperl installed
properly, however I get Segmentation faults when hitting
http://my.site/rt3

Thu Sep 1 15:46:15 2005] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0
mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming normal operations

[Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child pid 10752 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11) [Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 2005] [notice] child
pid
10753 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, none of the FastCGI directives are working in the config,
which I don’t believe I should be using anyway since Im using
mod_perl.

sigh

Thanks in advance,

-Robert Geller

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan Zakirov [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:14 PM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

Please, recheck your apache, because this options it gets from
mod_perl and this errors mean that you haven’t installed properly
mod_perl.

If you try to use MP as DSO modules then may be you forgive to
LoadModule.

As I understand FC3 distributed with Apache2+MP2 rpms so you build
A1+MP1 from scratch. You can try step by step instructions
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache, I hope this will help

you

build stable MP1 installation.

I installed rt on an FC3 host using apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl
1.29.

Everything went somewhat smooth, however my apache config is not

being

accepted.

Im am getting the following errors:

Invalid command 'PerlModule’
Invalid command 'PerlRequire’
Invalid command ‘PerlHandler’

Not sure what is going on…

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Rob

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

    #Alias /NoAuth/images/

/www/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    #FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
    #FastCgiServer /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

-idle-timeout

120

    #AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    #ScriptAlias / /www/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
_______________________________________________ http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Buy your copy of our new book, RT Essentials, today!

Download a free sample chapter from
http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.


Best regards, Ruslan.

Best regards, Ruslan.

Ruslan I disagree with your conclusion. My mod_perl is statically compiled
and the rest is DSO. Here’s my httpd -l:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_perl.c

Httpd -h output:

-l : list compiled-in modules
^^^^^^^^^^^

Rob, can you give us a copy of your “config.status” from your source tree
just to be sure?

Thanks,

-=| Ben

I am up and running. I think I had a conflict with another
Virtualhost and rt was not being called by the proper virtualhost.
I straightened that out and everything is all good.

Thanks to Ruslan and everyone for all the replies.
I am glad to see that this users list is very active.

-RobFrom: Ben Goodwin [mailto:ben@atomicmatrix.net]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 10:55 AM
To: ‘Ruslan Zakirov’; Robert Geller
Cc: 'RT-Users’
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Install issues

Ruslan I disagree with your conclusion. My mod_perl is statically
compiled and the rest is DSO. Here’s my httpd -l:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_perl.c

Httpd -h output:

-l : list compiled-in modules
^^^^^^^^^^^

Rob, can you give us a copy of your “config.status” from your source
tree just to be sure?

Thanks,

-=| Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf > Of
Ruslan Zakirov > Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 7:57 AM > To: Robert
Geller > Cc: RT-Users > Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues > >

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_env.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_mime.c
mod_negotiation.c
mod_status.c
mod_include.c
mod_autoindex.c
mod_dir.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_asis.c
mod_imap.c
mod_actions.c
mod_userdir.c
mod_alias.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_so.c
mod_setenvif.c
mod_perl.c
This string mean that you have mod_perl as DSO and that’s > why you
have > seg faults. You need static build. I think you’ve made something
wrong.

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations > > > > -Rob

Err, sorry for that :frowning: mod_perl.c should be there if it’s static buildOn 9/2/05, Ben Goodwin ben@atomicmatrix.net wrote:

Ruslan I disagree with your conclusion. My mod_perl is statically compiled
and the rest is DSO. Here’s my httpd -l:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_perl.c

Httpd -h output:

-l : list compiled-in modules
^^^^^^^^^^^

Rob, can you give us a copy of your “config.status” from your source tree
just to be sure?

Thanks,

    -=| Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf
Of Ruslan Zakirov
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 7:57 AM
To: Robert Geller
Cc: RT-Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Install issues

On 9/2/05, Robert Geller rgeller@lnrproperty.com wrote:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_env.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_mime.c
mod_negotiation.c
mod_status.c
mod_include.c
mod_autoindex.c
mod_dir.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_asis.c
mod_imap.c
mod_actions.c
mod_userdir.c
mod_alias.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_so.c
mod_setenvif.c
mod_perl.c
This string mean that you have mod_perl as DSO and that’s
why you have
seg faults. You need static build. I think you’ve made something
wrong.

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.4.0 mod_perl/1.29 configured – resuming
normal operations

-Rob

Best regards, Ruslan.

On FC4, using httpd 2.0.54 with mod_perl DS0.

My httpd config:

LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www/rt3/share/html ServerName rt.adm ServerAlias rt.adm.XX.com
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /var/www/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /var/www/rt3/share/html>
AllowOverride ALL
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks

Order allow,deny
Allow from all


Im getting the “Youre Almost There” page.

-Robert Geller

LNR Property Corporation
Network Infrastructure
1601 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33139

(305) 695 - 5400 (office main)
(305) 695 - 5829 (office direct)
(305) 695 - 5409 (fax)
(786) 282 - 1102 (mobile)

I sent few days ago working configs for mod_perl2.x setups. Could you
check them?On 4/20/06, Robert Geller rgeller@lnrproperty.com wrote:

On FC4, using httpd 2.0.54 with mod_perl DS0.

My httpd config:

LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

ServerAdmin root@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www/rt3/share/html ServerName rt.adm ServerAlias rt.adm.XX.com
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /var/www/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Directory /var/www/rt3/share/html>
AllowOverride ALL
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks

Order allow,deny
Allow from all


Im getting the “Youre Almost There” page.

-Robert Geller

LNR Property Corporation
Network Infrastructure
1601 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33139

(305) 695 - 5400 (office main)
(305) 695 - 5829 (office direct)
(305) 695 - 5409 (fax)
(786) 282 - 1102 (mobile)


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We’re hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html

Best regards, Ruslan.