Insert a custom field on the search preferences

I run RT 4.4.1 with a number of queues. These queues have a custom field in common. I’ve changed $DefaultSearchResultFormat to include this field but this no longer works (I’ve created a new user to test this).

If we go to a user’s Settings → Search options, the custom fields are not available on the field list.

Is there a way to add this custom field to the display columns?

Does the user have the SeeCustomField right?

Yes, I had this SeeCustomField set for Privileged group and, when I saw your reply, I tested also with Everyone group, same result, no custom fields on the Search Preferences.

I tested quick on RT 5 and it appears that my custom field shows up as one of the default results columns:

Set($DefaultSearchResultFormat, qq['<b><a href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a></b>/TITLE:#',
'<b><a href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__Subject__</a></b>/TITLE:Subject',
Status,
QueueName,
'<small>__Requestors__</small>',
'__CustomField.{Some CF}__']);

Can you share the config value you are setting?

I messed up, I was editing RT_SiteConfig.pm when I needed to edit RT_SiteConfig.d/99-local_conf.pm (on Debian 9). Now it’s working.

It would be nice to do this from the preferences dialog, but this way is working well enough.

Thank you for your time.

In RT 5 you can edit these configs in the web UI :wink:

1 Like