Initilizing database: Coredata Inserting Step failing (Rights not Granted Error) on Fedora Core 15

Hi

From the last few days, I am struggling hard to deploy RT on Fedora 15 box as I am still a beginner in linux environment. At last, I could install all the pre-requisites for RT and made sure to resolve all dependencies. However, I am unable to intiliaze the database after the install.

It is failing at

RT::Handle::InsertInitialData(‘RT::Handle=HASH(0xab35f98)’) called at sbin/rt-setup-database line 261
main::action_coredata(‘action’, ‘init’, ‘skip-create’, 1, ‘dba’, ‘root’) called at sbin/rt-setup-database line 197 (/usr/share/perl5/Carp.pm:65)
Couldn’t finish ‘coredata’ step.

ERROR: System error. Right not granted.

I thought may be this is a user permission issue and hence, I created a user (rt_user) already in mysql and granted all rights to rt database. I used make dropdb option and started the install process again from scratch. But it is still failing.

I searched all the KB articles and blogs available in Wiki and others but could not find a valuable piece. I request you to shed some light in this regard or let me know whom to reach for help.

Thanks

Raghu

This message and any attachments thereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the property of SumTotal Systems, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message, any attachments thereto or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify me at RaghavendraLK@sumtotalsystems.commailto:RaghavendraLK@sumtotalsystems.com and delete all copies of this message and attachments. SumTotal Systems, Inc. has implemented anti-virus software on its computers and servers, however, it is the recipient’s own responsibility to ensure that all attachments are scanned for viruses prior to usage.

Hi

From the last few days, I am struggling hard to deploy RT on Fedora 15 box as I am still a
beginner in linux environment. At last, I could install all the pre-requisites for RT and made
sure to resolve all dependencies. However, I am unable to intiliaze the database after the
install.
It is failing at

RT::Handle::InsertInitialData(‘RT::Handle=HASH(0xab35f98)’) called at sbin/rt-setup-database
line 261
main::action_coredata(‘action’, ‘init’, ‘skip-create’, 1, ‘dba’, ‘root’) called at
sbin/rt-setup-database line 197 (/usr/share/perl5/Carp.pm:65)
Couldn’t finish ‘coredata’ step.

ERROR: System error. Right not granted.

Please show the command you ran to generate this.

Please also show the results of a standard make initdb command.

-kevin